DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Shiftnoid fires twice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shiftnoid fires twice
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted
Just like the title says my shiftnoid is firing again once the car comes back up in rpm after the shift. I have a biondo shifter/noid setup with a grid. Just switched this style shifter this year and cant figure it out. Have the on rpm at 6800 and off at 7000. I had them the other way but the noid stayed out the rest of the pass. Switched the gear number to 1 and still did it. I want to run some 1/4 here and there but dont want the shifter pulling extra voltage out if it's a simple fix.

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a glide and a 2 shift timer. If that is the case zero out 1 shift. I have used the shiftnoid for 10+ years and have encountered about every disfunction imaginable. I know nothing about the grid so I can't help you there.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Which wire are you using to shift ? Mine used to do the same thing, I will need to plug into it and look at settings to get you an answer.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
First go to Tech Talk "Tips" and then on page 11 read Mark's info on the grid. About 1/2 way down he describes different ways to shift.
For now if you use the shift light(yellow) wire and program it for a 2 speed it will shift once. If your using the output switch(brown) wire then enable the timer function also with a window that will only capture the rpm point the first time through to the shift. This timer will act as a window that only activates the output signal if both the rpm and timer points are met. Then when the engine gets back up to the shift rpm it will not shift because the timer window has closed.
Hope this is not to confusing. I would highly recommend reading Mark's tips section.
David

Posts: 135 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Look at the wiring, find the brown wire with a tracer and unhook it, take the yellow wire and hook it where the brown wire was. Go into your grid program and open “shift light” set light intensity to 100%, turn “power-on test” to off, set launch light to 12000 and set gear to what ever you want it to shift at. Problem solved.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What David and Barney posted will help you correct your wiring / programming error/s in Grid.

As I have posted numerous times, the Grid Output Switch is a “Timer” with an RPM function.

For the most accurate Grid RPM Output, use the Shift Light feature in Grid. It is designed for shifting the transmission and also has a Power ON Test feature to check/test shifter operation.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post