Find
Notify
Tools

MSD grid ?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Can a timer in msd grid be set to shut 12v signal off when transbrake is applied and then re energize it based off time once button is hit second time. Doubt but worth asking.

Trying to work around buying new delay box to work with sle,for while.Figure wanted to get grid this might be reason to do so sooner. Going to loose 200 to 250 changing bx so might as well go all in and get something I wanted anyway.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Can a timer in msd grid be set to shut 12v signal off when transbrake is applied and then re energize it based off time once button is hit second time.

MSD Grid will Not function as a SLE

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Why not just run the box you have and not use a SLE just use a 2 step and mat it once you let go of the button?

Posts: 82 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not being on 2 step is what I am trying to get to. If could set time on sle so it would barely hit 2 step I would be happy.Can't with current set up.

I know lots run 2 step,lots run sle with 2 step and injection.I just don't like the BV being wideopen and dropping cylinders. Will eventually get new box with setting.Trying to work around that right now,until few things are taken care of.

So thanks for info.I did not think I could make it work this way,but lots about grid I don't know YET.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Chris, IMHO you are way overthinking this. I have been using an SLE and a K&R for years on different motors. I can’t even tell when it hits the two step it happens so fast. You are going to need to be on it for at least a little bit for RPM consistency at launch because varying conditions will change the time the motor hits it. Trust me, you will be just fine.

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evan136:
Why not just run the box you have and not use a SLE just use a 2 step and mat it once you let go of the button?

AGREED^^^

THE SLE STANDS FOR:
Slow
Learning
Enabled

IF you need some devise to hit the gas for ya...you need an SLE.

JMO

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Modern rev limiters IMO are about as smooth as silk. All you see on the data is a flat line.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Modern rev limiters IMO are about as smooth as silk. All you see on the data is a flat line.

With crank trigger Yes, with distributor trigger No.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
With MSD and a mag using MSD two module?

Oh I'm going to run it for now,but I will have new box where I can adjust how soon it goes WOT. For one I didn't like being told it was set up that way so it could not be adjusted too far down. To me that saying you don't know whats best so we did it for your protection.I am not good with being given boundaries on how to tune my car and my parts.Yes I am determined,wife calls stubborn,but either way I am good at it.

Plus going to grid and was just wanting to know if it would help with problem,which it will not.So I will just throw that nickle into the trailer fund.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
on good note towards the dealy. I figured out how to use airshift(T1) to work lean out at change and how to use it for leanout on top end if want using the second stage. Yea should have gotten box with all the timers,but then would probably just be loosing more when selling it.