DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    question for anyone running a procharger with a race drive
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question for anyone running a procharger with a race drive
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
How much minimum room is needed in front of the balancer to run a race drive set up with a procharger (probably an f1X not 100 percent yet). I mocked my motor back in. With the radiator out (will have to go somewhere else) I have around 17.25 inches from the front of my balancer to the back of my deflector plate up by the shoulder hoop. From there it follows the seat bars down. Its a Dan page hard tail car.

I really don't have the option to change that area of the chassis around without significantly changing the way the car works. A side mount is also an option but I know its going to be a fabrication challenge with my big chief heads.

I am just curious what those running them have for room.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I can measure mine. When I get home

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 465 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
with a 5/8" thick front motorplate, 17" to the front of the pro charger. You would need a little more room for air flow in the front...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for checking this.

It looks like as I originally thought it will fit on my car but I think I am going to have an issue with airflow as I think the top portion of the opening will be too close to the deflector plate.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
B. J.

Can you modify the blast plate? I was thinking about this last night and if you don't have a tank or something in the way you might be able to modify the plate to clear.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know what you are saying unfortunately right now the blast plate turns in below the shoulder hoop and follows the seat bars down so there is no way i could get that any further away. Where it is close is above the hoop but I am rethinking now though that there might be room. Looking at the dimensions posted I think I need to mock it up with some simple materials of the right dimensions. That unit says that the center line is 7.5 inches above the crank center line. So if the inlet hose opening is 4 inches I really only need to have airflow room up to 9.5 inches above the crank center line. That may actually fall low enough that there is room.

Thank you for the help and suggestions.

B.J. Masiello

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I believe they have a mock up unit they have for free, they charge you for it and then refund the money when you return it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the blast shield has to be behind the seat bars?

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post