DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cal-Trac Q: Does the top hole give you better reaction times?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cal-Trac Q: Does the top hole give you better reaction times?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
Thanks again to everyone who has responded; all of your remarks will be organized and copied to a racing journal of mine.

Any traction issues I've had in years past are 'pretty much' solved. Per advice from you guys, last season I started to run with some ballast in the back and tire pressures a few pounds higher than what the manufacturer recommended. The improvement to my 60' consistency was nothing less than astonishing. Ich schiessen sie nicht!
Those Hoosiers hooked until the cords started to show.

This season I'm getting new slicks to mount on the new Convo-Pros I've got. They seem like the lightest wheels I can find, keeping the rotating mass there to a minimum.

Movie cameras, chassis camera mounts and slow-motion software is in the oplan.

New Calvert 90/10 front shocks are in-hand, but I have not decided yet if I'll invest in adjustable drag shocks for the rear yet, before the test and tune weekend.

I've got a pair of very slightly used long-tube headers on hand with bigger primaries than the rusted-out shorty headers I had been using.
(They didn't work on a Dodge D50 with SBC the guy had).

Deep staging is a skill I'll try to master.
My 28" tall front runners will have to stay for now.

I don't care to dump tons of cash in the S10; I plan to invest in some different car by maybe next year.

I'm moving the battery to the rear and eliminating some of the ballast.

I'm likely to re-install a torque converter with a higher stall speed, that I used to use. It will probably improve my 60' times, but at the cost of top end MPH.

At my local track, a whole weekend is set aside for test and tune; I should have a lot of time to play with Caltrac settings, launch RPM, staging, etc.

Cheers

Posts: 338 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post