Find
Notify
Tools

Honda
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I've got over 600 hours on mine, only hiccup is the recoil rope broke off without ever being used.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dry rot?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Dry rot?

It was less than 2 years old when that happened, opened up the generator door and slid it out and the handle was laying on the tray

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
maybe Chinese rope Confused

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
I've got over 600 hours on mine, only hiccup is the recoil rope broke off without ever being used.

Mine to

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
When ever possible I run the small portable 4500 watt gas Onan for 1 AC at night. Doing this to run less hrs on coach genset hoping when I do HAVE to run it, that it will run. If no reason to run on board generator generally I won't. If opportunities exist to plug in at various tracks...we always do vs running the big gen sets. Currently have over 1200 hrs on small onan portable gas generator that didn’t add those hrs to big generator. Less fuel burned for sure and takes 10 ounces of oil to change vs filters and oil that the big generator takes to service. Won the small generator on a $50 raffle! Cost of repairs on big gen sets s u c k!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This ^^^^

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Since adding a Mini split for heat and AC to the trailer and not needing the roof AC. I run my little EU 3000 Handi generator during the day to save hours on the Honda 7000. The 3000 only has a 1 gallon fuel tank so it wont make it thru the night so I run the 7000 at night. Works out pretty good

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Since adding a Mini split for heat and AC to the trailer and not needing the roof AC. I run my little EU 3000 Handi generator during the day to save hours on the Honda 7000. The 3000 only has a 1 gallon fuel tank so it wont make it thru the night so I run the 7000 at night. Works out pretty good

Love to see your install of the mini split. I think I am going to tackle that this summer since it appears we are finally done with the engines.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 988 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a EU3000is from 2000. It's a great generator. It powered me through five days without power.
Powered a window AC unit, refrigerator, 1/2 HP water well pump,TV,cable box,...

It popped the onboard breaker two/three times during that period. It would run through the night.
It always popped during the early evening. I poop a lot, setting off the water pump to overload it!

Sh1t happens!

The fuel tank looks horrible and has been replaced before. Looks like I'm going to replace it again. Anyone make a direct replacement poly tank?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post