Find
Notify
Tools

Honda
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
EU7000is generator

Looks like the best price on line is from Camping World or Overton's which is the same company.

$4,699
$200 additional freight
$324.56 tax

$5223.56 delivered mid to late February

anybody know of a better deal?

will be selling my EU3000is with wheel kit once I get this new generator.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Ed you won't regret buying one.

PM me for some further info.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Northern Tool + Equipment. Same price but Free shipping. Says backordered Online 1-800-221-0516

I’m considering this as my home backup to a transfer switch being installed now. Has 240v which I want

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Northern Tool + Equipment. Same price but Free shipping. Says backordered Online 1-800-221-0516

I’m considering this as my home backup to a transfer switch being installed now. Has 240v which I want

I have used mine to power my house. I was even able to run my 2 1/2 ton central A/C with it, as long as nothing else big was on.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Ed that price looks about right for a new one. Hard to say if you will get it mid Feb delivery the way things are on anything coming from overseas.

If you keep you eyes open you will see low hour used ones for sale but if they are priced right they don't last long. I paid $4000 for mine with 120 hours on it, but had to drive 10 hours round trip to get it but well worth it

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Honda is so far behind in production. I would imagine no one is discounting on anything Honda. One of the largest generator dealers is near me, Mayberry's in Port Murray NJ. When no one has generators during storms they do. Call them and check on price and availability (if you haven't already).

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't use it on an automatic standby.
As you probably know, you'll have to monitor loads for it to work out well.
I'm looking to pick up a Natural Gas fueled 15kW-ish unit for our place.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Lou, I just call Mayberry, forgot about them. None in stock, don't know when, will call me Monday with more info.

quote:

Mark, they aren't even taking orders at this time.

quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Ed you won't regret buying one.

PM me for some further info.

I know, all I've ever owned is Honda generators. I will.

Don't need it tomorrow, want it by mid April.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Portables don’t have auto start contacts

An ATS can only supply a contact closure signal when power drops out.

A portable even with electric start and a remote start pendant is not going to work as an automatic standby generator.

Home units come with their own ATS units and have remote contact closure for auto start and stop

It may be possible to wire up a portable with electric start to work with some ATS’s but it’s not common practice

Generally all manual operation with a power cord and inlet box to a manual transfer switch

These days home units are generally 18-20-22KW air cooled Vee twins

The smaller 8-10-12’s faded

Load shed modules are used on smaller kw units wired to houses with big AC demands.

You pick the critical circuits and in a power failure the load shed modules open removing load that a smaller generator would not be able to carry

The Honda’s are great units and Mayberry is the biggest dealer and out in Port Murray, the middle of nowhere !

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
As usual, great information. I didn't even think about the startup.
I was looking at just using a PTO driven 15kW unit for emergency power because it's cheap, but feeding the tractor fuel for the duration of an outage could be a challenge. I store some fuel, and I can get out and about no matter what, but if stations are closed.....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed

Why the 7K gen? You don't want to use the MH generator? When it's hot and the AC is on is the only time I use the MH generator. The 3000 and inverter the rest of the time.

Remote start kits for the Honda 3000's work great, I put one in a number of years ago, one of the best things for any generator with electric start. It evens operates the choke for cold starts!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Ed

Why the 7K gen? You don't want to use the MH generator?

that's it

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you already have a 3000 why not grab another and get the connecting cable that way if you only need you could just run one plus easier to store and move around

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Theirs some one on e bay with two left for $3800. right now the 7000 ones that you’re looking for

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
got a home for only one in the trailer and you can't get a 3000 any easier than a 7000 now.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Did you have a 7000 before I thought I remember in trailer build you had one?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no have the 3000 now. 7000 just fits on the floor in same space.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Oh when I heard 3000 was thinking the little suit case one

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that's the 1000 and 2000 both of which I have owned

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
that's the 1000 and 2000 both of which I have owned

Ed i know your not doing this but can you tie a couple pair of 3000 together? I have 2 and didnt think it could be done with that model

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post