DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Timing light purchase
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timing light purchase
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a source for the leads for the Craftsman 2134 timing light? I have 4 of these but only 2 sets of leads (don't ask lol).

thanks
joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
Anyone have a source for the leads for the Craftsman 2134 timing light? I have 4 of these but only 2 sets of leads (don't ask lol).

thanks
joe

Joe, I think I have a set of the leads you can have.

With Timing Lights and Tire Gauges I always recommend you use SAME one every time. If you dyno your motor and get best timing with a different light then go to track and use a different one you could be maybe 4* off peak.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3971 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have a Ferret instruments digital that has been flawless. Had it for about 20 years or so now

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
When my car was 12volt, I used to run leads to the charging terminals. Any one have experience running a timing light of a 16volt with a alternator? HMMMM

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
quote:
When my car was 12volt, I used to run leads to the charging terminals. Any one have experience running a timing light of a 16volt with a alternator?

I hook mine up to the golf cart battery.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post