DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomad:
ATI was going to be my first call today. I was late, it appears. Not worthy

Bruce,

Thanks for contacting ATI.

We actually sold the last oner we had today. It would be about a week to get more in.

Thank You,
Rob Sappe
Sales Associate

ATI Performance Products, Inc.
6718 Whitestone Road
Baltimore, MD 21207
T: 410 298-4343 x.3040
F: 410 298-3579

Good thing I called them early! I would imagine they have the same supplier as Rock whose name is on the charger and they can't get them. I ordered mine direct from them on Jan 1 and he told me yesterday they can't get a a straight answer on when they will have more. They have 15 on back order now.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rock batteries is Steve Earwood, now former owner of Rockingham Dragway. Maybe Steve sold it too or folded the company being that Rock Batteries didn't manufacturer batteries or the battery charger, just a marketing name.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Rock batteries is Steve Earwood, now former owner of Rockingham Dragway. Maybe Steve sold it too or folded the company being that Rock Batteries didn't manufacturer batteries or the battery charger, just a marketing name.

I'm not sure but when I've called them, they answer Rockingham Raceway. Thanks for the tip on ATI. I was more than fair waiting 6 weeks especially considering they charged my card on Jan 1.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you're welcome, it's what I do and why I post here.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't think Steve Earwood is the former owner of Rockingham yet.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that's too bad for the locals and divisional racers that have to race there.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

I'm not sure but when I've called them, they answer Rockingham Raceway. Thanks for the tip on ATI. I was more than fair waiting 6 weeks especially considering they charged my card on Jan 1.

That is Bull them charging your card and not shipping at that time. We usually try to run the card the day we ship in my business.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Batterystuff.com put me on a "waiting list" for the Interacter ICS1230. A 12 volt only version of the RT1216. The ICS1230 sells for $320

In the meantime I have one of those Chinese Schumacher FRO1335 chargers to replace my dial type Schumacher Farm and Race charger.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
The light weight 25amp plastic ones, do seem to survive dragging them to the lanes amazingly well. Just saying Hurry Up

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
These hold up well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/323919132477

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
The light weight 25amp plastic ones, do seem to survive dragging them to the lanes amazingly well. Just saying Hurry Up

We need a like button. Lol

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have 2 small chargers

My reliable 30-40 year old Sears automatic is what I rely on and use 24/7 and it is always connected to my car....as a maintainer. Its on there right now....

It's a simple old school transformer with a rectifier and a small circuit board for voltage sensing and output control. 10/2/50 amps for boost

I've repaired it from dropping it or dragging it a couple times....Still works...

The other charger is a Schumacher whiz banger model and it's a joke.....All kinds of meters and readouts and it isn't worth a chit...

I rarely even try to use it. It will say a battery is charged 100% and I know it's lying....About as reliable as the country it undoubtedly came from China.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I have a 40 year old Shumacher but I probably need a backup. I've replaced all the cords 2 or 3 times. It's been drug a mile or 2.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I've used my Schumacher FRO1335 for three weekends now. It seems to work just fine. It keeps the battery topped up without resetting a timer.

I am not impressed with the plastic connector on the case that the charge cables attach to. It sticks out and is a part looking to break soon. The plastic carrying handle is chintzy also. Both are a poor design. Other than that it seems as robust as the previous Farm and Ranch model it replaced.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
After 6 years my XS D-1600 battery finally decided to retire so last week I purchased a new one from Summit Racing. According to the label on the box it came in this battery was made in Viet Nam.

Interesting.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Started the ninth season with my XS D-1600. I didn’t like the way it was cranking the engine in Vegas so I went down to Figspeed’s trailer and picked up a new one. Thank you Les for taking care of me!

I will probably replace my old starter too when we go back for the National. It’s been on there awhile and I don’t quite like the sound it’s making so the new Powermaster will get its turn.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Les is Da Man ! Saved out butts several times.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
This showed up on my front porch today.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
USA