DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New grid install won’t start
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New grid install won’t start
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted
I stripped and rewired an older car with all new everything. K&R switch panel and board, racepak iq3 and MSD grid. I can’t get the led light to turn green and start UNLESS the lap top is plugged in? Checking all the live functions its all good. IGN switch applies 12 volts and all the wiring has been checked and double checked. It will not fire up and run unless I leave the laptop plugged in while checking live screens. Led goes orange then green and car starts, unplug laptop and nothing?

Ideas? Side note. My controller didn’t have an SD card in it out of the box so I stole one from another car and set it up. Surely that cant have anything to do with only running while plugged into laptop?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sc4087,

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
If the sd card is missing, it will still run, so you might want to try that.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1298 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I want to race you first round with you dragging the laptop down the track!! Big Grin

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have you tried hooking it directly to the battery?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
fixed. It was the brand new Grid controller box. Evidently it's dead inside and my laptop was supplying it via the USB cable with the power to drive the computer inside it. Swapped with another car and it runs fine.

FYI

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post