New
Find
Notify
Tools

MT bubbas
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I'm wondering how much ET difference between big and little bubba on a 460 dragster. Anybody have any experience?

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
slower by .03 or more

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
DITTO ^^^^

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Most likely a good .04 plus (1/4 mile) unless the car is over geared and your running the motor to high rpm wise for its power band. If that is the case then its anyones guess. I have seen a combo pick up going from a 33.5 to a 34.5 tire because of gearing. He saw both ET and MPH gains with the bigger tire.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
on my 4.50s dragster little bubba (beadlock) to big bubba(non bead lock) I saw no difference at all, et or mph.
a friend tried my little bubba to his big bubba(both beadlocked) and it was .04 quicker with little bubba on a 4.60 dragster.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have seen the above as well...most of it in the converter and or gearing...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
.04 for us

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
I know its not the question, but what about MPH difference? What's the reason to run them if they are slower?

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom H:
I know its not the question, but what about MPH difference? What's the reason to run them if they are slower?

They never ask how fast you go at the payout window possibly? It never seemed to bother them how slow, 6.99 or faster S/Pro.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom H:

Some people like to use the over-tire consistency rule, they hook almost anywhere. Can't say I disagree with the rule, as it works out pretty well most of the time, and if you're going 4.60's or faster it definitely seems to be the tire of choice.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
I was 03 faster with the big over the small bubbas. Think I was spinning a little with the little bubbas. Good luck

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post