DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cordless impact?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cordless impact?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Looking for a good and reasonably priced cordless impact gun or kit, to remove and replace lug nuts as well as other things.

Looking for both 1/2 and 3/8ths sizes

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got a dewalt at work , we use on water main work has held up great for a couple of years for the conditions it’s in (thrown around in the dirt and in the rain at times).

Posts: 30 | Location: up north | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There was a huge discussion on this subject over on the bullet.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have been very happy with my Milwaukee both at home and the track

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Malaby Racing
posted Hide Post
Just got a Milwaukee M18 with 1400 FPT better that air at Home Depot was on sale.

394L Super Pro / Super Gas

Malaby Racing

Posts: 265 | Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I have a Ryobi where the batteries interchange with my other cordless tools. I don't use it a lot, mostly for the race car or trailer. In the shop I use air.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I have a Ryobi where the batteries interchange with my other cordless tools. I don't use it a lot, mostly for the race car or trailer. In the shop I use air.

I have a Ryobi also. You can find it for $100 with battery and charger.

I can do all 6 trailer wheels off and on with a single battery. Torqued at 115, 8 per wheel. Good enough for me, especially for the price.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a 20v 1/2" dewalt that works good. also have a 3/8 dewa;t that's ok my my 3/8 Ingersol rand is much stronger then he dewalt

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Got Milwaukee m18 3/8 stubby. The thing is tiny and incredible. 250 ft lbs. Has different settings to prevent breaking. Love it.

Bought the 3/8 90 degree, similar to air ratchet. Between both I got three batteries as the stubby came with two and three ratchet another.

Compared them to snapon... And couldn't justify the extra. Few years back I bought another big air compressor for my other garage... Wish I wouldn't have with these tools.

Posts: 1438 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Milwaukee

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
I just picked up a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 2861 mid-torque wrench. This is in between the new stubby series and the large 1400 ft/lb models.

I got it to take in the truck in case I need to change a tire on the side of the road. This one has a rated 600 ft/lbs of break away torque.

I also plan to get a 3/8" stubby M12 but with the videos I saw it took too long to remove larger truck lug nuts.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have 3/8 drive dewalt its nice. I am looking to get bigger one for wheels and such. Good post and gave me cpl to look into I had not considered. Cheap scares ma most the time.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Kobalt 24v Max. Good reviews, inexpensive batteries.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

I can do all 6 trailer wheels off and on with a single battery. Torqued at 115, 8 per wheel. Good enough for me, especially for the price.

The best part is you put a charger in the trailer and you have 1 style battery for your impact,drill,sawzall and a tire inflator you can carry in the car.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

Do you have the P261 model impact? Will it remove truck lug nuts torqued to 125 ft lbs?

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I'll ck the # of mine but it buzzes off the lug nuts on my 5/8 studs torqued that tight.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
I have several brands at work- Mikita, Dewalt, Snap on, Ryobi & Milwaukee. For the $$ ryobi is hard to beat, Milwaukee is good also.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Milwaukee M18 3/8" I also bring to the track my M blower, B/t radio, 1/4" driver,1/2" drill, flashlight,5" grinder & sawzall

65 Malibu
3150#
9"
4L65
LS3 Full steel car.

Posts: 50 | Location: Fallbrook | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a 20V Dewalt 1/2". With a charged 5AH battery it will remove nuts that my 1/2" air impact can't. Also have a 1/4" hex driver that uses same battery, I use a 3/8" adapter to use sockets. So far it has twisted off 3'8" Gr.5 bolts. Like these tools. Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
we just got the 20v earthquake from harbor freight. 1100 ft/lb of breakaway strength. nice tool to remove nuts and bolts. non-adjustable torque so we dont assemble with it. rich

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post