DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    C & S Aerosol carbs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C & S Aerosol carbs?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Just curious, anyone here run or have experience with the C & S Aerosol carbs?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
Is that anything like the old square looking Predator carbs ?

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
there was a guy around our area that ran one when they first came out with it. they have been around for quite a while. his was very good during that time, it was on a 4.80/70 dragster.

i to would like some current info on them as well.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Larry/Ed my good friend did a few years ago this is what he just said when I asked him…

“Ran A blow through. Very expensive. Carb is good, not as good as my apd tho. Customer service after the sale is horrible. Mine is for sale alcohol blow through.”

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have a good friend with one. I’ll talk to him today and report back. Pretty sure he wouldn’t buy another one. I know it took forever to get it and communication was very poor on their end.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They won't look at anything if you send it to them, they just want you to buy new.

They think they have a superior product (they don't) and they are arrogant to talk to.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Too many good carb builders out there to fool around with the c and s

Pro systems
APD
Bob book
Gary Williamson
Tony morris

The list goes on, not leaving anyone off just because

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Simple, how many have you seen on race cars at the track?

Posts: 2156 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, question answered. Smiles to all.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I got one I’ll sale uh…it was definitely better then any luck I had with APD…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I had one years ago, and it was a great working carb. It was down a few HP compared to my similarly-sized converted gas carb and my APD carb.

I loaned it out to a couple people and somehow lost track of it over the years.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I bought one in the late '90's for my car. Worked good for me. Made a jet change once but changed it back to how it came. Today that carb in on my fathers car. Still working. Haven't done any A-B-A testing. Been so long I forgot how big it is. It's 1300 or 1350 CFM. My car was a 433 cu.in. BBC and my fathers car has a 500 BBC.

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Just curious, anyone here run or have experience with the C & S Aerosol carbs?

Posts: 192 | Location: ny | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that anything like the old square looking Predator carbs ?

I remember those. If my feeble recollection is correct I think they were a variable venturi design.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The C&S and Predator carbs are totally different. C&S are based off a Holley. Predator was it's own design(I think).

I know very few racers that tried/had a cs carb. I think they are more targeted towards blow thru applications.

I remember Predator being at larger swap meets, especially Etown in the 80/90's. That was salesmanship at its best. I think they targeted the younger demographic at the time. A friend bought one and the car ran. He didn't have it long because of car swapping/trading as a teenager. The monster trucks used to use them because they didn't use a conventional float Iirc.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I ran a C&S alky 750 on a my Mopar. Zero issues and they took care of every question immediately. Sent me some spare stuff to try and I used their small belt pump. Surprised me it worked but back then, 650 HP was a lot. That is not the case today.
I would not hesitate to use them again but right now Terry Heller built me an alky carb that has produced the most consistent ETs I have ever seen over a 50 degree weather swing for my lower horsepower 406 in the S10.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post