DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Did anyone notice?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone notice?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nope just having fun. I am just a lowly slowly doorcar guy who runs Hoosiers because doorcars don’t have tire shake issues in burnout and not fast enough for shake down track.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Stood by the really pretty TD car that won the Jeg's all star race in Joliet this weekend. My son was particularly taken with that car.
It was on M/T's

That would be Darian Boesch. He is a great kid from a great family, you won't find a nicer group. They have 5 cars all with blowers including a beautiful Haas built TS Camaro that Darian was also going rounds in this weekend

They seemed awfully nice from where I was.
It's hard when you go to these events not to look around at the beautiful enormous toters and stackers with multiple awesome cars in them, to not wonder where that boat was that I missed. LOL. My stuff seems pretty good to me until I see the quality of the equipment sitting on the grounds there.
Very notable on that beautiful car was the complete lack of contingency stickers.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's hard when you go to these events not to look around at the beautiful enormous toters and stackers with multiple awesome cars in them, to not wonder where that boat was that I missed. LOL. My stuff seems pretty good to me until I see the quality of the equipment sitting on the grounds there.

I'm sure those people are envious of some other person's equipment too. That's how it works!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

I'm sure those people are envious of some other person's equipment too. That's how it works!

I wonder where I am in the food chain. I bet someone likes my stuff! Where's that rim screw guy? LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6390 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
We have tried all 3 major brands on my wife's super comp/bracket car. It's not a real fast car. 178-180 in super comp, 4.75-4.85 in Vegas. My results on all 3 tires are as follows:

Hoosier-Shakes violently during burnout. Randomly shook on track

M/T-Smooth in burnout. Never shook on track. Hated dealing with flat tires in the trailer.

Goodyear-Smooth in burnout. Never shakes on track. Never loses air.

The M/T and Goodyear both seemed to perform about the same. Both very consistent 60' in all track conditions and we no longer have to tighten bolts and replace missing Dzus fasteners between runs.
We have stuck with the Goodyears for over 5 years now on that car with great results. Personally, I am shocked you don't see them on more dragsters. We show they were similar in performance with out dealing with the loss of air. To me, that was enough to make the permanent switch.

Mike what GY tire size specifically and they are on a dragster right?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
We have tried all 3 major brands on my wife's super comp/bracket car. It's not a real fast car. 178-180 in super comp, 4.75-4.85 in Vegas. My results on all 3 tires are as follows:

Hoosier-Shakes violently during burnout. Randomly shook on track

M/T-Smooth in burnout. Never shook on track. Hated dealing with flat tires in the trailer.

Goodyear-Smooth in burnout. Never shakes on track. Never loses air.

The M/T and Goodyear both seemed to perform about the same. Both very consistent 60' in all track conditions and we no longer have to tighten bolts and replace missing Dzus fasteners between runs.
We have stuck with the Goodyears for over 5 years now on that car with great results. Personally, I am shocked you don't see them on more dragsters. We show they were similar in performance with out dealing with the loss of air. To me, that was enough to make the permanent switch.

Mike what GY tire size specifically and they are on a dragster right?

Yes, they are on a suspended dragster. Currently, we have the 2775 33.5x17x16. This year we made the switch to that size from the 34.5x17x16. I knew that was way more tire than that car needed. I saw absolutely no difference anywhere on track performance going to the shorter tire. Now the car is just a little harder getting in and out of the trailer! I may go back to the 34.5 next year.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Currently, we have the 2775 33.5x17x16.

that was my favorite,man they are high though

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1405 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity: Is there any correlation between using the three step for the burnout and tire shake in the burnout? I use it, and have never shook. Probably not using the same tires you guys are though.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Bucky, I would say yes...

Rusty, higher than the M/T's?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
cris if i remember right they were well over 900 and that 5 plus years ago

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1405 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post