DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Did anyone notice?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone notice?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
quote:
Chris, Moe, Barry, Larry, Nick, Rusty, David, Bill...……….what's shakin'?

Laughing Hard
Your dragster? Full Moon

It was, but I fixed that! Laughing very hard

No shaking here, only tire that feels like I'm on a rail.....must be all you....

Laughing very hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I run a no shake no name secret tire, .954 60ft

Need FB to see

https://www.facebook.com/magne...4606/?type=3&theater

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Steve , great video ….. love the QICK TRIP CUP, should send it to them ….the video would make a great TV ad for them.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice at Memphis Great American Bracket race this past weekend that every day other than the team races was bracket dragster on M/T Bubba's in winners circle...fake news?

Definitely a pattern.

Also did see a pro charged dragster dialing 3.90s...looked like fun! Driving to the lanes and pulled back.

Good turn out and great race!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Went from the 3195 to the new 3197 this weekend, never missed a beat, as smooth as ever

3197 doing work, need Facebook to view
https://www.facebook.com/magne...9606/?type=3&theater

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good video Steve! Cant complain about those results!

Any news on the Goodyear's from anyone?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Torqin are you coming to 42 next weekend?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
G1, We were going and just gave up my spots last week. My crew is tired and wore out...been all over so far. We are skipping this one and going to the one in September and Norwalk as well.

See you then?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep and pay attention to the Hoosiers on my car turning win lights on. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Wink

Will do!

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
We have tried all 3 major brands on my wife's super comp/bracket car. It's not a real fast car. 178-180 in super comp, 4.75-4.85 in Vegas. My results on all 3 tires are as follows:

Hoosier-Shakes violently during burnout. Randomly shook on track

M/T-Smooth in burnout. Never shook on track. Hated dealing with flat tires in the trailer.

Goodyear-Smooth in burnout. Never shakes on track. Never loses air.

The M/T and Goodyear both seemed to perform about the same. Both very consistent 60' in all track conditions and we no longer have to tighten bolts and replace missing Dzus fasteners between runs.
We have stuck with the Goodyears for over 5 years now on that car with great results. Personally, I am shocked you don't see them on more dragsters. We show they were similar in performance with out dealing with the loss of air. To me, that was enough to make the permanent switch.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
At the PDRA race last weekend I looked at all the cars left in 2nd round of Elite TD, all were on M/T's............JS

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I'm on 3196's, had my best 60' ever .927, and it was on a hot track.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the PDRA race last weekend I looked at all the cars left in 2nd round of Elite TD, all were on M/T's............JS

Was there even a car there running anything else?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Stood by the really pretty TD car that won the Jeg's all star race in Joliet this weekend. My son was particularly taken with that car.
It was on M/T's

I wonder what is behind the shaking, and why some combos are so prone to it while others are not. Heck there is even a guy above who has had good luck with the Goodyears, which seldom come up in these conversations. I think burnout and starting line track prep came up as one possibility for the burnout shake issue.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
quote:

I didn't look 1st round, if there was they were in the trailer for 2nd round

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Stood by the really pretty TD car that won the Jeg's all star race in Joliet this weekend. My son was particularly taken with that car.
It was on M/T's

That would be Darian Boesch. He is a great kid from a great family, you won't find a nicer group. They have 5 cars all with blowers including a beautiful Haas built TS Camaro that Darian was also going rounds in this weekend

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well there were a bunch of M/T in trailer after second round. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
^^^^Well, umm, yeah I guess you're right^^^^

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well there were a bunch of M/T in trailer after second round. Big Grin

Seams there's more green than just the name here! Big Grin

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post