DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Did anyone notice?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone notice?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted
DID anyone notice EVERY winner at the Fling in Vegas was on M/T tires?

Just a coincidence? Possible I guess...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
I'm a M/T guy as well, but didn't the car that won the most rounds roll with Hoosier? Wink

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
So you did notice... Wink

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Sooo, did anyone notice every single dragster that won at the Fling in Galot won on M/T tires.

Possibly a pattern? Or just a coincidence?. Just an observation...again.

I am not and have never been sponsored by a tire company...just an obvious observation recently.

DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David_D.:
I'm a M/T guy as well, but didn't the car that won the most rounds roll with Hoosier? Wink

If its who I'm thinking he could win without tires but in all fairness he was a yellow letter guy before swapping to Hoosiers so anything is better than what he had. Didn't think of that

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Just a numbers thing. Odds are with that tire manufacturer now as they are on a large majority of the cars. Complete reversal of 7 years ago when 20-30 guys ran that brand.

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I agree Hoosier was probably best and most popular 10 years ago. Right now it is MT and 10 years from now may be someone else. Regardless there is a good reason why most have switched.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I know this is a pretty slim view of what people are running. But last night I looked at the td pictures in national dragster. I don't think I saw any mt's. First time I have paid attention to it though.

Fellow racer next to us this weekend had the mt little tire on his small block dragster. He could not say enough good about it. Despite the small tread width, it was the best tire he has used. This na small block was running 150+ mph in the 1/8th. Guess he has that thing figured out!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I agree it's a numbers thing...I also have notice the TD 1/4 mile crowd running alot of Hoosier.

I surely agree the M/T has taken over the bracket dragster crowd and have seen a ton of loyal bracket dragster Hoosier guys switch to MT...

How many years has the Bubba been out? How many more years will the Hoosier continue to sell tires that SHAKE? While M/T eats the bracket dragster markets lunch?

Did the Goodyear's make any progress recently in the same market?

DRR / Crew Chief
Picture of RACER99O
posted Hide Post
Ok, lets put this fake news to rest.

I have driven a car with M/T's

Has anyone driven a car with the new BR3?

Not an 18790, Not a BR1, not a TDx, but the latest BR3?

2009-2010

Posts: 662 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. kinda | Registered: January 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Possibly the Pirate (Lynn) has done the above?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chris is fishing... Laughing very hard
They must be giving those things away? HMMMM Good Morning

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:

i have a set of br3 in the shop(i think they are br3).they may be going on soon.but this is top dragster.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RACER99O:
Ok, lets put this fake news to rest.

I have driven a car with M/T's

Not an 18790, Not a BR1, not a TDx, but the latest BR3?

2009-2010

I have tried the TD7's with no success, but not the latest BR3's.

That being said, I've had great luck with the Big Bubba's 3195 and 3196, so I'll just stick to what works for me. I only run 1/8th mile though......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris is fishing...

not fishing ,stirring

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about trying the BR3. The spec sheet shows it as a 35" tire, but at the track recently I saw a set that had 34" molded on the tire.

Are there multiple sizes, or what are they really?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Stirring? Fake news? Roll Eyes Had to be a pot on the stove to stir to begin with? Not new news on the product we all see and hear weekly having issues shaking..

I would be appreciative of multiple options...the competition cant seem to compare on burnout and race conditions...can anyone deny this after using both?

I have used every brand over many years and find it hard to believe the GY and Hoosier brands cant compete with today's technology...WTF?

HOW many others would like the option to buy a competitive tire without being the guy who gets free tires from anyone and telling us how they compare?

I would pay for a better product if it meant leaving the free tires behind...just me though.

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
You "bought" a complete hard tale dragster to "see" how it worked and you won't buy a set of tires to put this story to rest?

Come on Chris Full Moon

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
He!! I'd let you try mine and supply the fasteners to replace if you can shake them Wink

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I switched to MT several years ago because they work much better on my car than the Hoosiers did. If someone comes up with a better tire I will switch again.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post