New
Find
Notify
Tools

S10 brakes
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a 2001 S10 that still has the factory brakes on it. Wanting to change over to disc all the way around. Any suggestions or experience with any particular brands?

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There's Mark Williams and then everything fighting to be #2

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mine came with LAMBS work great with TBM PADS...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How fast are you planning on running? As stated MW and Lamb stuff is hard to beat for quality however there are other options that may fit the bill and lighten your pocket less. I have Wilwood all four corners, it's only a mid 6 second 1/8 mile car, they work very well for my application on long and short tracks. Be careful to install them carefully and correctly. Inspect and maintain them regularly.

Lamb, MW, Strange, Moser, Wilwood. Lots of good upgrades over stock.

The only one I wouldn't recommend is Aerospace. Had a friend have issues with them. Some of their machining looks rough IMO. There are probably a lot of people they worked great for. I have one of there vacuum pumps and it looks like it was machined at the VOTECH by a 16 yr. old, again IMO.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
MW is the best IMO. The other choices are still a big upgrade from the tiny stock brakes......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bad Nusz
posted Hide Post
The cheap route would be to use the stock,GM 'Metric' calipers on the front.

You can get brackets to mount GM 'metric'-type calipers on the rear as swell, but you may need to use a pair with smaller bores than 2 1/2".

Whatever you do, avoid the GM locking calipers; the so-called 'Caddy' calipers. They're almost impossible to bleed right, it seems.

Posts: 338 | Location: Sioux Falls, SD | Registered: March 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
S10 Blazers and crewcabs all have factory discs, takes a thin adapter to fit 'em.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 488 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I went with Willwood fronts on our new truck because when I called Strange they said they didn't offer them for an S10, that was a few years ago though. I think TRZ had a spindle modification to use Strange brakes at that time. I have Strange brakes in the back and honestly, the brakes on that truck work very good. We only have one short season on the truck this year and about 135 passes but the brakes and rotors still look kinda new.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post