DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Alky terminator racers with 02 sensors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alky terminator racers with 02 sensors
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by irf3:
This is why tracks offer test and tune. Timeslip is the only relivant data.

LOL you cant be serious.

The numbers are arbitrary and different for each setup. I trust plugs and time slips way before I trust an o2 sensor in alky.

Buckey,

Not entirely true, O2's with data logging provide a wealth of information for those willing to use that data to tune. The numbers are not arbitrary, ya you can certainly have some differences based on a number of factors but there is a good range. I agree that one can't say your O2 should be X,Y,Z, period. Nothing wrong with reading plugs either but just that doesn't show you the entire picture!

Your statement and mine are not mutually exclusive. I’ve had o2 sensors on my race cars for years.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I trust plugs and time slips way before I trust an O2 sensor in alky.

Holley EFI requires a very expensive O2 sensor to monitor methanol in their ECU’s. My engine is N/A no boost. I trust that O2 completely and tune with my time slips. Spark Plug tuning is irrelevant to me. These were 500+ runs.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are those plugs from a methanol burning motor markemark?

113 bucks for a racepak o2 sensor.

http://www.motorsportsinnovati...cePak/racepak-AF.htm

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:

True Bosch sensor (not a knock-off) $85
Bosch O2 sensor

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427: Are those plugs from a methanol burning motor markemark?

Those plugs are skewed in reading because they were used with a Primer Plus plate that uses 93 pump gas to run on when not on the racing surface. During the run I was using MFI with methanol for these.

Like others said, MFI seams to runs best when fatter and I agree.

Here’s the O2 sensor that is required if you are using Holley EFI with methanol.

Holley NTK

You can purchase this exact NTK sensor from MAD Racing and Glenn calibrates it to your specific fuel. Only difference is the harness is 8” shorter.

MAD Racing NTK

I’ve been using EFI methanol along with the PP plate for 18 months now on exact same engine. I removed a spark plug just now (see pic) from the engine with almost 300 EFI runs. The plug gap measures .041” now. Started at .030”. Put it back in and going to replace with the Autolite that is in the pic next to it at the start of next season.

Posts: 2434 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:

True Bosch sensor (not a knock-off) $85
Bosch O2 sensor

Yep, you sent me the Bosch last year.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
markemark never realized those Holley O2 were that much money! I will stick to my MFI and a couple of wrenches for my tuning.

1.34 9.42@ 142.41 1.29 5.97 @ 114.00 @ #3251 Better in 2022
427 BBC by S&S Speed Center, AFD, Enderle MFI by Spud Miller
Trackside Products, Sepanek Racing T400, Dynamic converter, Autoweld, Santhuff, Smith Racecraft,
His real name is Richard but they call it "**** Fords Body Shop"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
I trust plugs and time slips way before I trust an O2 sensor in alky.

Holley EFI requires a very expensive O2 sensor to monitor methanol in their ECU’s. My engine is N/A no boost. I trust that O2 completely and tune with my time slips. Spark Plug tuning is irrelevant to me. These were 500+ runs.

Just to clarify, Holley Sniper & Terminator X EFI systems use the Bosch LSU4.9 WBO2 sensor, which can be bought at any parts store. The Holley Terminator (not Terminator X), HP & Dominator EFI systems must use the Holley EFI WBO2 sensors (Bosch LSU4.2, NTK UEGO), which has a different connector.

Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post