Tools

Afco BNC2
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of the rain maker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clark:
My S10 carries the front 50' and the off the shelf BNC's were not right. Afco arged me $225 to revalve my BNC fronts. Shane's price is less and he knows S10's personally...

Did you have the BNC or BNC2? I figure the worst that could happen is I’d have a quality shock that could be rebuilt/valved if needed. After a promo code and taxes so far I have $780 invested

This message has been edited. Last edited by: the rain maker,

David Hammons
2014 IHRA Electronics Champion Gulfport Dragway
2016, 2018 IHRA Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway
2018, 2019 1000' Footbrake Champion Gulfport Dragway

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
Originally 3840f/BNC part number. But, afco revalved to add more control for the nose weight. Ultimately, there is no happy setting with them. It is either way too stiff and the front end will NOT come down, even while parked between rounds, or too loose, and the front end still cycles with one small bounce.

Posts: 123 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t be more opposite with my BNC shocks which are the same part#. Matter of fact, our valving is so spot on, so predictable that we adjust the extension per 300’ of DA swing so as to maintain the same wheelie height and distance.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My 3600lb pig will happily carry the front end 100', but the landings can sometimes be a tad harsh. It has a tad more nose weight tat Ed'd Firebird. Will be ordering some BNC2's to replace the Strange DA's it currently has. If need be they can be revalved later.

Not a great picture but this tank is always fun to drive. It is not the fast way for sure but folks seem to enjoy the big wheelies.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I've bought shocks from afco before and wasn’t impressed with them. Had Mark build me a set of canister shocks and the were just to stiff. I'll give mark props for what he’s good at and thats really high HP cars but not bracket racing. I called Shane at Competitive suspension to see what he needed to fix me some shocks. He hit it dead on and the shocks are killer. Just ordered a set of Afco struts to replace the Varistruts thats on my nova to control the hard landings and im sure he will make them just as good as the rears he fixed. Maybe if you call Afco they will build what you want but they send run of the mill same shock out the door. Call Shane and let him build them for your car. you wont be disappointed

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
I've bought shocks from afco before and wasn’t impressed with them. Had Mark build me a set of canister shocks and the were just to stiff. I'll give mark props for what he’s good at and thats really high HP cars but not bracket racing. I called Shane at Competitive suspension to see what he needed to fix me some shocks. He hit it dead on and the shocks are killer. Just ordered a set of Afco struts to replace the Varistruts thats on my nova to control the hard landings and im sure he will make them just as good as the rears he fixed. Maybe if you call Afco they will build what you want but they send run of the mill same shock out the door. Call Shane and let him build them for your car. you wont be disappointed

Thank you for the feedback. My truck is really an average/run of the mill piece but IF the BNC2 aren’t to my liking, I will be giving Shane a call.

David Hammons

Posts: 73 | Location: gulfport ms | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
They wont cost you much more to have them right the first time. It doesnt matter how fast you go...

Posts: 123 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dude, give it up! He already ordered them from Afco and my car and countless super stockers are proof they work as valved from Afco.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The BNC2s came in yesterday. According to the instructions, looks like I will need to modify my lca holes to make them fit.

David Hammons

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That is correct and you probably have to redrill the bolt holes

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested, I installed the BNC2s and raced with them last night. They worked perfect for my application. Nice smooth landing without any bounce. I am at 38 clicks from full tight on extension and 18 clicks on compression so there’s plenty of adjustment left for better air. I would post some videos to show before and after but I have no idea how to do it.

David Hammons

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the rain maker:
They worked perfect for my application. Nice smooth landing without any bounce.

As I said they would. clapping