DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer tires. Again......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer tires. Again......
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
Man, I fought the 15's for a while, keep blowing out tires and changing on the side of the road was no fun. Went to some E rated then rims would not hold.
16's made my life better and I have a set of Michelin LT on it now that I will probably change when I get going again, they look like new but are close to 5 years old.

I look down and I will be going 80 to 85. that Duramax makes you think you don't have a trailer.

What about the rims wouldn't hold?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With the air pressure recommended for the E's they would leak air between the half's.
Been a few years but that is what I remember, could have been something else but think that is what it was, at any rate their was something about them that did not work.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mopar,
I sell quite a few of the (F-rated)12-ply 15" All Steel trailer radials with our 5000SD Trailer Toads as an option and it isn't the air pressure that leaks out, it is the actual weight rating of the standard wheel being less that the F-rated tires rated weight capacity. More of a liability issue for seller than just a rim issue.
One tip, get your trailer radials as soon as you can, my warehouse says they will be scarce in a few months due to stopped production in Off-Shore tire plants. 99% of them come in on boats. **Maybe it's about time American companies make affordable trailer radials and why not start making everything else in the USA!!
Be safe out there and I hope we are racing in 2020 somewhere!

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post