DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    32’ or 34’ Trailer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

32’ or 34’ Trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
Next year my wife and I are planning to upgrade to a 32’ or 34’ trailer with extra height in order to haul her dragster, my 67 camaro and a golf cart.

This past weekend we looked at a friends 34’ trailer that hauls 2 cars and a cart. We are looking to have cabinets put on the roadside front so the dragster can be backed all the way to the front and then also have cabinets over the curbside wheel well.

My question is can a 32’ with extra height configured the same way haul a dragster/door car/golf cart comfortably or is it better to just go with a 34’? The only other reason I’m asking about a 32’ over a 34’ is to save on overall towing length.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
2 foot longer means nothing in tow length, go with 34 foot and building it exactly like my trailer will give you the most usable floor space. Cabinets along the front wall, no L base/generator cabinet.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
2 ft is not a big deal depending on what you’re pulling it behind

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted Hide Post
Selling our current gas motorhome to upgrade to a diesel pusher. Don’t want to go any bigger than a 38’ pusher.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So with 38ft pusher 34 box with typical 60 inch tongue no biggie 77ft depending on hitch maybe 78ft hope you live on a large two lane street with no tight turns because my 38ft coach with 32ft trailer sucked in my small neighborhood

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I sold my coach looking for something in the 32ft range if I were hauling two cars and a cart I think I’d go with shorter stacker

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Its kind of like a garage.NO SUCH THING as too BIG. As all have said 2' should be no issue towing and you will use it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Going to need a 15,000 lb. hitch on your MH if an aluminum trailer, 20,000 lb. if steel.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can’t get out of my neighborhood with my trailer behind the wife’s 40 ft coach

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The extra 2ft made was a problem with where telephone poles are placed

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And Ed’s right make sure you have enough hitch and if using a trailer toad that adds length but can help in tight turns because of second pivot point

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
The extra 2ft made was a problem with where telephone poles are placed

Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There are guys pulling stackers all over the country with 10k hitches...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are and the tires are bald, the brakes have never been changed and the cars inside aren't tied down.

now about those Hoosier slicks for that S10. Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
And they win every week....lol

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nobody is winning every week

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Let’s try this then....Way more then me and you....

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
I can’t get out of my neighborhood with my trailer behind the wife’s 40 ft coach

In a bind, I drove through a B Dub's parking lot with the 40ft dp and a 28' trailer. LOL. Go in deep!!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted Hide Post
How do you even set up a MH to pull a 34 foot 18K gvw trailer when the the avg non tag axle MH capacity is @ 10K. Even with a tag axle your still only at 15k at best.

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7959:
How do you even set up a MH to pull a 34 foot 18K gvw trailer when the the avg non tag axle MH capacity is @ 10K. Even with a tag axle your still only at 15k at best.
Just SEND IT....