DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    best throttle cable / return spring bracket.... GO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best throttle cable / return spring bracket.... GO
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted
Got a new APD carburetor and the butterflies are bigger and it has the built in hood scoop tray mounts so I'm ditching my old school under the carb throttle cable/ hood scoop tray bracket. What do you guys got?

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark J
posted Hide Post

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
SC4087 you could bore out the holes of your under carb bracket.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc4087:
Got a new APD carburetor and the butterflies are bigger and it has the built in hood scoop tray mounts so I'm ditching my old school under the carb throttle cable/ hood scoop tray bracket. What do you guys got?

Get the APD piece. They are very nice.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:

this, what I did , no need to ditch anything

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
The Lokar piece is nice.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Did anyone find a larger one or are you just machining them out for the larger butterflys?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

No reason not to do this unless you aren't happy with what you have now. Plus the under carb scoop mounts provide much better scoop support than the carb flange mounts.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
LOKAR…

Posts: 1257 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did anyone find a larger one or are you just machining them out for the larger butterflys?

we are going from a 2 X 4 intake to a single carb this year .. and didnt have anything , so I just bought one from Biondo and had them bore it for the larger 2.500 throttle blades on the APD carb , before they shipped it ..

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I do not see a bracket on Biondo's website. Where did you find it?

Rob Robertson

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
RBZ makes them and will make throttle bore any size

http://www.richardsonboyz.com/...AY-MOUNT-RBA4500.htm

Put bore size in comments at check out

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do not see a bracket on Biondo's website. Where did you find it?

Rob , I stand corrected . the one I bought was in fact from RBZ ,,, and they bored it to 2.500 for me before shipping ...

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul

Rob Robertson