Find
Notify
Tools

Engine Stands
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
NO sleep TILL Brooklyn Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
NO sleep TILL Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These things are on sale on Amazon again, 600 lb load carrying capacity.

Get em while they're hot $143.

Bad azz cart for moving heavy items around and doubles as a mobile work bench. I Luv em

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Summit stand as promised. This is the Crane Cams, dyckies apparel Summit stand.

Colorado was right. I liked this stand so much we got another ahead of my neighbor bringing over his all aluminum tall deck BBC, out of his Ray Miller 4 link dragger.

Pickup fell off, hopefully the crank ain't blue and I can put a Billet Melling pump in it, bearings and send it. It don't matter either way though, I can fix her up, no sweat.

Nice stand Colorado, good call.

Be Cool, Autometer Summit stand.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
did shims come in the box with it or are those custom add on pieces

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
did shims come in the box with it or are those custom add on pieces

ep

No Sir, but they're the hot ticket. Nice stand.

I like em both. This one is super nice now after a few mods, worm gear, welded drive gear and the shims.

The Summit has incorporated a lot of space behind the engine, allowing the ability to bolt the flex plate to the engine, after laying the crank in the engine. It's also a taller stand by 3-4".

Both approach being pro stands, with a few mods on the JEGS stand, no big deal.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can know it's awell thought out stand when you can hang a complete steel headed BBC carb to pan to starter, and it's perfect level, rigid.

The Summit stand will be the same, I'll post a pic with the tall deck all aluminum BBC, in a few days.

They're both nice.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You won’t find this Chinese junk in any professional race engine builder’s shop nor professional race team’s shop!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
You won’t find this Chinese junk in any professional race engine builder’s shop nor professional race team’s shop!

Take it up with your congressman while you're voting for him LoL!

Everything is manufactured in china. No?

Show a better stand? I'll wait.

Show a pro stand. Photo's will do.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you get one, get the JEGS so you can reach the carb. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Everything is manufactured in china. No?

NO, you’re just a cheap fuc, whose criteria for good is price, supporting the communist regime.

https://www.amazon.com/Hein-We...-Stand/dp/B009JCU17C

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
just another chinese piece of crap ....

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
It just needs some shims, some welding and some other mods to make it better than the rickety P.O.S. it was when it came out of the box.

Thin metal, fits poorly, works poorly but it's great and you'll love it so buy one....LOL

Kind of like my rolling foldup engine hoist......another made in China P.O.S. but it does work and has for years.....and was less than $200 bucks !

I cut it apart and rewelded it in a couple places......was crooked as h-e-l-l....

Crosseyed little b-a-s-t-i-d-s! LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't trade 10 of these for one of either, the Summit or the JEGS.

Don't care how much you pay for it, it ain't a Pro stand, nor does it approach Pro stand status.

The Summit and JEGS stands do approach Pro stand status.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have 2 stands....

One is an NMW and very sturdy and probably 35 years old

The other is a little lighter material but very sturdy

It's on loan to a friend.....Long term lease is more like it.......years !

I don't need it.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Hein Werner is some of the best shop equipment you can buy hands down. Had one of their 6K Lb engine stands. For the big engines. Still have a OTC trans jack for the big transmissions. Takes 2 men to lift it. Back then when steel was real steel.
Now you really don't know the real integrity of the steel you get with equipment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
One is an NMW and very sturdy and probably 35 years old

I bought a brand new NMW from Ask Frank First in 1988 Eek Razz
I now have five of them Big Grin
I bought a bunch used during the good old Etown swap meet days for nothing. The ugly orangish color is the dead give away. I've had steel headed complete big blocks with a/c on them with confidence !!!!
I use a 4' torsion bar for rotation ease, no ***** ass crank needed Big Grin

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Only rietow a clueless retard would take either of those pos Chinese stands over a 1250 lb. capacity, made in the USA, engine stand manufactured by one of if not the best in professional automotive equipment.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My NMW has had numerous all iron BB’s and Dart and World Products iron blocks with Big Duke heads and never Peeped !

A simple bar turns it over at the mounting lugs and the squeeze bolt lock arrangement will hold the block in any position you need it to be in

Everything NMW built was good quality.

Built in the same building as Tony Feil’s shop and where Randy first started.
Pro Start and eventually Half Scale

NMW was originally in north jersey but ended up
in Raritan with differnt owners I believe.

I was there when robot welders were running behind screens talking to Randy. Wondering why I saw no one running the welder. Randy fixed some things for me and told me about the automated welding that NMW had

I think those NMW stands were less than $200 new when they were still making them.

OTC was the best automotive equipment back in the old days when I was a flat rater at a GM dealership. Very HD tools and automotive equipment