Notify
Tools

Q
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
D

This message has been edited. Last edited by: green1,

Posts: 2047 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 94 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The 2xtra is the 2x with cnc porting. I ran the 2Xtra heads for a long time. Mine had cnc porting as well as hand work done to them. They were in the 365cc range. Mine worked well up to my 572.

Posts: 2056 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Busted Knuckles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
The 2xtra is the 2x with cnc porting.

According to Brodix: The 2-Xtra is available 1) as cast, 2) CNC'd chambers and 3)fully CNC ported. All show 365cc runners...interesting.
The 2-X shows as-cast at 340cc's.

I know that a while back, I checked on getting some Dart Pro 1's CNC ported, they told me that they use a different casting for the CNC work, claim was it has more material to allow for the CNC porting.

Organized people are just too lazy to look for their $h!t.

Posts: 445 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: November 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
http://brodix.com/heads-2/big-...ra-and-bb-3-series26
is this what you are looking for

opinions are worth what you pay for them
1.015,2.88,4.46@ 153

Posts: 495 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
Here is a 340cc M2 on my bench

4.310 fixture
.200 148/126
.300 208/163
.400 265/196
.500 310/227
.600 330/253
.700 340/277
.800 351/282
.900 363/288
1.00 371/292

Posts: 1286 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Flow numbers are like dyno's, so everyones are a bit different.
Also I find Brodix's numbers are consistently on the high side also.

We don't race dyno's or flow benches...

Posts: 1211 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Funny you say that ed because my car picked up three tenths just having the heads done no other change.

I'd pay DOUBLE any head porter's price in the country if his work and his work alone, no other changes to the combo has me running 3 tenths quicker but I'm smart enough to know there isn't a head porter that could produce those results!!

I would say a well ported heads could make three tenths in a car that is slower than ...lets say 9.00's quite probably. The faster you go the harder it is to find those results.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 729 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Funny you say that ed because my car picked up three tenths just having the heads done no other change.

I'd pay DOUBLE any head porter's price in the country if his work and his work alone, no other changes to the combo has me running 3 tenths quicker but I'm smart enough to know there isn't a head porter that could produce those results!!

green1
For any combo to pick up 3 tenths form one single change means something was not right to start with!

Ed
With any fully cnc'ed head such as your HH's, there is not a bunch of low hanging fruit there to start with,,,, and 3 tenths quicker with the dragster is over 100 HP. But with any mass produced product, if your willing to go the extra distance, there is room for improvements,,, just not triple digits worth of HP.

Posts: 1211 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of heads that are a little smaller than heads that would produce the best HP numbers on the dyno.

Give me small headers too.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 2388 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Look at Stan Weiss site lots of flows listed.Will not give you exact numbers of your heads but should get you in ball park.

http://www.schooledbyscotty.com/
Only the stupid know too much to learn something new.
Chris McBride

deplorables saving america one vote at a time

Posts: 1119 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post