DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Remote Electrical Shut-off Switch in Div. 1 T/S?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remote Electrical Shut-off Switch in Div. 1 T/S?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted
I heard everyone had to have a Remote Electrical Shut off switch @ $650 ???please tell me 'No' or I'm done w/ T/S.

Posts: 254 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Where did you see that Richie? I didn’t hear about that. Are you talking about the hit a button from the starting line and the car shuts off and chutes deploy deal like the pros have? I can’t imagine that would be required in TS.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
Jamie, 'Tractor3' told me, said he heard it from a an 'Elite' chassis builder when he tried to order his window net, I asked are you sure he wasn't talking Pro Mod? he said T/S....I can't believe it either - no word anywhere.....

Posts: 254 | Location: Windsor locks Ct. | Registered: November 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Richie,

I would contact D1 Tech, Dave M. or Wayne from the track.
Every year they have a tech meeting before the banquet so if there is a change Wayne would know.

If they do institute that change I don't think you would be alone (NOT running TS).

If it came from CNN or MSNBC IT'S FAKE NEWS.

Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richie
posted Hide Post
I've got Bob Nixon coming over my place this weekend for a chassis cert party, I'll be sure to ask him....

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
It's not in the new rulebook or in any of the latest revisions. So I seriously doubt that they would make you have that without any kind of notice.

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I can understand the reason/requirement for an electric shut off in a Fuel car, they run magnetos. That might be a new rule for any car using a magneto, frankly I don't know.

If it is a 2020 NHRA requirement for all Top Sportsman cars your Division Head Tech Inspector will know, call him.

Bob

Posts: 3077 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
there is a new battery shut-off required in PM only, so far.
https://www.modernracing.net/p...sconnect-master-kit/
not a bad idea actually, an electronic relay with a switched ground to disconnect.

the Electrimotion down track RF shut-off is completely different, supposed to shut car off and deploy chutes a specific distance past the finish-line. still required supposedly, not sure it's foolproof though.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post