Find
Notify
Tools

flaring tool
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Ok, looking to get a 37* flaring tool to do nitrous hard lines....what are you all using, recommend? What's the best one out there?

Not too worried about cost, but not looking for super expensive either.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
Rigid

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
Rigid.

So simple to use a blind man can make a perfect 37* flare.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1349 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
X3. I ordered threw home depot about 110.00 but man its nice piece makes SS tube a breeze to flare.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4167 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used this hydraulic flaring tool from Mastercool:

https://www.mastercool.com/pro...-hydraulic-tool-kit/

It wasn't cheap, but it's easy and works perfectly. Tough to justify that much if you're only going to use it on one car, but I'm glad I made the investment after using it.

Posts: 24 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69Nova:

It wasn't cheap, but it's easy and works perfectly. Tough to justify that much if you're only going to use it on one car, but I'm glad I made the investment after using it.

Is that only for doing double flares or am I reading that wrong? I only need to do single flares. If I spent the money, I'd use it on more than one thing...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mark, pay the freight and I’ll send you mine to use and you can send it back when you’re done. I can send my bender too.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This one is the cat's ass... they also have it with 37deg flare

https://www.summitracing.com/p...8dISdoxoCIKoQAvD_BwE

Posts: 910 | Location: The problem with your gene pool is that there's no lifeguard... | Registered: April 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
quote:
Originally posted by 69Nova:

Is that only for doing double flares or am I reading that wrong? I only need to do single flares. If I spent the money, I'd use it on more than one thing...

It will do single and double flares. I've only ever used it for single flares on stainless so far.

Posts: 24 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Eastwood also carries that same tool.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post