DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    dragster battery
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dragster battery
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know WHICH lithium batteries were in the PS car that burned?

According to Go Lithium, they have never had a fire. They went a step further and told me that they never will due to their design?

Going on year 3 with my pair of Go-Lithiums in a door car...…...flawless so far.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted Hide Post
Ed the picture where the charger is plugged in, do you remember where you got the end that's on the charger cables? I've got the same type setup but mine does not have the red grab handle. Mine is on a Top Sportsman car in the rear bumper under the parachutes and that handle would make plugging and unplugging the charger a lot easier.

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
FYI, just swapped out my two 12v Braile B3121 AGM batteries after 2 years/seasons in service for a pair of 12v Rock AGM batteries #1236...

http://rockracingbattery.com/p...d=17515&cat=3&page=1

which are made by...

http://www.concordebattery.com/flyer.php?id=35

Also bought a new battery charger from Rock...

http://rockracingbattery.com/p...17526&cat=249&page=1

same charger as the Moroso 74016 and both are made by...

http://interacter.com/products...ack-series-overview/

Posts: 21 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch H:
Does anybody know WHICH lithium batteries were in the PS car that burned?

According to Go Lithium, they have never had a fire. They went a step further and told me that they never will due to their design?

Going on year 3 with my pair of Go-Lithiums in a door car...…...flawless so far.

Battery brand?

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Fwiw. I have an xs xp1000. 16v. Oh i only need one battery...... and i will be replacing it now with another xs. I got 7 seasons out of it with no issues. They earned my money

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Ran an XS D 1600 in my S/C dragster. A few years ago at Norwalk divisional , due to rain we were round robined , 6 passes in 4 hours. No time for charger, alternator only, never missed a beat. BTW, battery lasted 6 years.

See gxp7903! 6 years! XS for the WIN Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I changed my XS D1600 after 3 years because I felt guilty, it served as a spare for two years. Just sold it to a local bracket racer and it's still going strong......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Sorry. i Just saw the "7years " comment. Big Grin

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Altronics
posted Hide Post

Available in 12 or 16 volt. Works with or without an Alternator.

The Powerlite PRO Series battery features a BMS (Battery Management System) that controls all aspects of the battery - Over/Under Charge, Balancing, Over Draining, Short Circuit, Temperature and other safety features.

9 years of manufacturing with no fires or melt down.

Without a BMS system in a lithium battery there is no way to prevent over/under charging individual cells, over drain damage or thermal runaway!

We offer a FULL 4 year warranty, not prorated.

Contact us for more info.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Altronics,

Be sure to click on our banner at the top of the page for special DRR member discounts!

Fred Bartoli
Altronics Inc
www.AltronicsInc.com
1-888-464-2587

Posts: 16 | Location: Schaumburg IL | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed how did your new batteries work out for you?

Posts: 6 | Location: ga | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
They got the starter spinning Big Grin

They have more cranking amps so they should have the starter spinning faster than what they replaced which I had no issue with for 2 seasons.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. Mine has the single total power 1500 and it just not getting the job done. I went to the big dog 139 and it spins much better but when I hit starter button the volt meter falls to zero.

Posts: 6 | Location: ga | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve been running Mark’s Big Dawg 139 since last season.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
X2 on marks ultimate big dawg 139!

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
X2 on marks ultimate big dawg 139!

X3
Because of repeated longevity issues I recently switched from a Meziere to a Ultimate big dawg 139, definitely a step up in cranking power IMO. I'm impressed and glad I made the switch

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post