DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    dragster battery
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dragster battery
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking for a replacement for a group 34 battery. Had a red top Optima & want a reliable one for use with an alternator. Looking for another AGM style to prevent acid issues. Is Odyssey worth the money or will others do the job in a 7.90 bracket digger?

Posts: 29 | Location: Utica, IL | Registered: May 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
braile

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
X2 on Braile. Put one in over winter with alternator no issues yet..

Posts: 102 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of B-rad2416
posted Hide Post
Odyessey in all our cars. Definitely worth the pennies

Posts: 12 | Location: Loxahatchee, Fl | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Odyssey....

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
FYI, just swapped out my two 12v Braile B3121 AGM batteries after 2 years/seasons in service for a pair of 12v Rock AGM batteries #1236...

http://rockracingbattery.com/p...d=17515&cat=3&page=1

which are made by...

http://www.concordebattery.com/flyer.php?id=35

Also bought a new battery charger from Rock...

http://rockracingbattery.com/p...17526&cat=249&page=1

same charger as the Moroso 74016 and both are made by...

http://interacter.com/products...ack-series-overview/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So why the switch from braile?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
after 2 years of service, don't feel they are much better if any than what I had.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
how were the total power batteries? will you car start consistantly with one of the 700cca rock batteries?

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm sure not. My car has always had two 12v batteries and Total Power which appears to be out of business are the same batteries as Rock, both made by Concorde, their model # RG-25

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Had them all total power,rock,Braille....Braille FTW....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Braile's B3121 was no better than Total Power and needed to be replaced after 2 seasons, in hindsight they should have been replaced sooner.

FWIW, the Total Power batteries that were installed new when my car was built made 3 seasons.

Also of interest is that Deka who makes Braile's AGM batteries specifically states they are not automotive batteries, rather ATV batteries.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Concorde RG-25 is an aircraft battery

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes it is and my car flys! Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I change mine every year...double quite often...and abuse a battery...Braille as a company as work with me much better than the others mentioned

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then stay with Braile. Me, I've moved on, weren't better than what I had.

That said, with these '08 - '14 Undercovers having the battery "tray" up front, battery options are limited to two 12v Rock/Concorde, Braile/Deka and Renegade RG30L-WS or a Lithium battery which will require a new hold down.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Agree bad design on Kurt’s part...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the other option is Bill Frederick makes a clamp on tray for a full size 12/16v battery that gets located in front of the wiring tray.

DRR Trophy
Picture of tony palmieri
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info, I'm running a F.E.D. with a yellow top optima in it right now the battery seems to be doing fine it's just my charger, it works fine plugged into regular 110 but doesn't work right off my generator. I'll look into the moroso ones thanks

tony palmieri

Posts: 19 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tony palmieri:
Thanks for all the info, I'm running a F.E.D. with a yellow top optima in it right now the battery seems to be doing fine it's just my charger, it works fine plugged into regular 110 but doesn't work right off my generator. I'll look into the moroso ones thanks

Maybe missing something but if works with 110 and not generator it sounds like something with generator hook up.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post