DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Biondo PG Elite Outlaw Shifter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biondo PG Elite Outlaw Shifter
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
Is anyone using one of these?

If so I have a question.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If I were you I wouldn't have anything related to Elite.

The Elite are in this order... Hillary, Obama, Biden.

Trump is the anti-elite. That's a better name for a race part anyway... Anti-Elite. Get ya an Anti-Elite Trump shifter.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Bender, Yes I am using one.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Do you remember which hole in the shift lever you have the cable in?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bender, Im sorry I do not. I do know that I took more of the shifter apart than I had too and that when I had it apart I had the trans on the bench. I did put all togeather and tested the shifter and the shift arm at that time with the cable attached just like it would be in the car. If I remember right there is a access hole to line up with the cable and the shifter covers can stay intact. But as to the specifics it was a year and a half ago and I dont remember. Sorry.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
For some reason I'm thinking the middle one.

I'll check tomorrow ..............

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Bender, Im sorry I do not. I do know that I took more of the shifter apart than I had too and that when I had it apart I had the trans on the bench. I did put all togeather and tested the shifter and the shift arm at that time with the cable attached just like it would be in the car. If I remember right there is a access hole to line up with the cable and the shifter covers can stay intact. But as to the specifics it was a year and a half ago and I dont remember. Sorry.

You are correct in that you don't have to take the side cover off to hook up the cable, like I did..

The issue I'm having is that the instructions say to use the #2 hole on the trans lever, if I do and adjust the cable to slip in and out of the lever in 1st gear, it's off in 2nd and all the rest. I tried adjusting it to line up perfectly in 2nd, and then it's off a little in 1st. As most of us know the shift lever must be exactly where it's supposed to be in all gears, or you're gonna have a short lived trans, been there done that.

It looks like if I use the "H" hole in the shift lever which is a little closer to the pivot point of the lever it just might be OK. I'll try it and see..........

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
For some reason I'm thinking the middle one.

I'll check tomorrow ..............

By middle one do you mean the one that is closest the the shift shaft which on my lever is marked "H" and in between 1 and 2 and slightly lower?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
OK, so after an hour of playing around, the "H" hole in the shift lever (the hole closest to the shift shaft) has the correct ratio for this shifter. After adjusting properly the shift cable slides in and out of the lever hole as it should in all gear positions........

Sure would be nice if the directions didn't say to use a different hole in the lever that doesn't work properly..

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You probably have a china made shift lever with slop in the rooster comb.

Reason why a different hole than the instructions say, seems to be correct. Notice I say "seems"

That'll sizzle a powerglide.

Thank the elite for offshoring all the production jobs to china.

Get ya an an anti-elite shifter with a USA made shift lever, would be my suggestion.

TSR sells MADE IN USA transmission accessories exclusively, no elite - china made garbage.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These used to be the premium shift levers to have, when they were USA made.

Made in china now, they have slop in the rooster now, big time. That's how you know they're made in china.

This is gonna sizzle a lot transmissions, after sizzling a lot of American jobs.

"Deficits don't matter"

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These Hurst pistol grip shifters are badazz, the china made powerglide shift levers Hurst now includes in the box, are garbage. Ya'll be wary of these shift levers that come included in just about all shifters these days, they'll leave you half in, and half out of gear, sizzle your chit.

TSR sells USA Made exclusively, get a shift lever from them if you run up against a shift lever, loose in the rooster comb.

I'm a little surprised Hurst would take this approach. I'd rather see shrink-flation, meaning no shift lever in the box, than a made in china shift lever, that'll sizzle my chit.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
If I were you I wouldn't have anything related to Elite.

The Elite are in this order... Hillary, Obama, Biden.

Trump is the anti-elite. That's a better name for a race part anyway... Anti-Elite. Get ya an Anti-Elite Trump shifter.
You're Dumb as hell when it comes to politics , stick to racing . TRUMP is a POS!

Posts: 193 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post