DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Air bladder placement.....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air bladder placement.....
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Mitch once tied down it minimized movement and kept car "loaded". Put many miles on the Firebird in the trailers.

Nice, Thanks!

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I used to use a bladder religiously (4-link dragster nosed in to trailer) but I guess I got lazy over the years and stopped somewhere along the line. My car is old so I planned to send the shocks out for rebuild over the winter just for good measure, but after getting home from my last trip of the 2019 season, I went into the trailer and found pieces of the rubber bumper from the shaft of the shock on the trailer floor. Since its an older car I am sure the bumper was brittle but the shock doesn't bottom out during normal operation on the track or in the pits, so that convinced me to go back to supporting it.

Anybody got an extra bladder for sale before I go and buy one?

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 629 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

I stated my opinion, no argument from me. I couldn't care any less what the OP does or anyone else posting here with their car, their money, their time but maybe my opinion leaves some with hurt feelings for those whose beliefs are based in myth, rumor, hearsay and internet forum lore rather than the facts I present from 30 years of experience.

What championship did your son win Ed? I looked at Super Comp and a kid who grew up at Sunshine Dragstrip in Florida watching his dad race, who also built Super Comp dragsters in Florida, won the Super Comp World Championship.

Did ya'll win a division?

As far as the topic goes,it's not a matter of opinion but a matter of fact. Energy created by the piston moving through the oil in the main body isn't destroyed, it's transformed into heat in the oil. This means it's a fact dampers/shocks gets warm. It's not a matter of opinion.

It's an objective fact.

When I tie my ride in the trailer, I pull it down so the damper has a far less chance of cycling. Common sense.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I can answer one question. Kyle won the division and finished fourth in the world.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
I can answer one question. Kyle won the division and finished fourth in the world.

He has accomplished both of those things, but not in the same season.

I don't understand which facet of the dragster lifted position exempts the car from needing support.

I do kind of a reverse lift, with the nose of my dragster up in the gooseneck area of my 53' trailer pulled by an air ride truck. Should be one of the smoother rides a dragster gets but I have a stand that sits on top of a chassis balloon to support the car under the seat area.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lenny5160,

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yep, he was runnerup to Stalba last year. Hey I finished 154th last year or maybe it was 254th!
Fingers Cross

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post