DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster Panel Storage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster Panel Storage
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
For those of you with dragsters, what have you found for methods of getting the panels out of your way safely when you have to strip the car? My back panels have a place for hanging. I can make on the wall for others too. But the top panels are more challenging. The trailer is sometimes an option. Anyone do anything more creative?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6358 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
My trailer is next to the car in my shop, same as it is at the track. I just put them in the trailer

Posts: 2402 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I thought about bending some strips of metal and putting drums springs on them andscrew to ceiling of trailer to hang panels upside down could do same in garage

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When I brought the panels for my first dragster home from body shop freshly painted slide pool noodles on them and laid down in truck bed

Posts: 386 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I like the ideas, thanks. Steve's idea would be best, but the shop isn't that big and the panels may be there until after we race next with other cars.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6358 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I miss my shop in Florida....I just set them off in the corner....Decided where to build one here, just gonna have to wait a bit before I can....ugh.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post