DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Need Panels for trailer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Panels for trailer?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
My 24ft Hallmark race trailer could use some new exterior panels due to hail damage.plus after getting clean there is no shine left. There screw on. Some trailer places within 200 miles from me. How much does a sheet cost? Also how much would it cost to be wrapped? How long does that last outside? Love to hear you guys thoughts Good Morning Edit not working for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Footloose,

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Might want to edit your post.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not sure we’re in South Georgia but several trailer companies use to manufacture down there an had a couple guys have theirs redone an I thought it was pretty cheap...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Local trailer repair guy gets me .040 for around 70 bucks per. A place about 100 miles away is close to 90 depending on aluminum market at time.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also how much would it cost to be raped?

Depends on what you look like I reckon. Big Grin

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Also how much would it cost to be raped?

Depends on what you look like I reckon.

Does your party represent personal responsibility?
Bill of non rights: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/law/non-rights.htm

wrong poo for me

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Are they easy to change?

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It's not that difficult. I used saw horses and two by fours across them with a piece of plywood on top of the two by fours. I put an old piece no the plywood. I took one piece off at a time and laid the new piece face down on the carpet and the old piece on top of the new face down. Drilled the holes and then hung the new piece. Just be careful when putting them back on that the next old piece doesn't scratch the new piece when you are taking it off and putting the next new piece on. Replace all the screws with new ones. Fastenal has some that are similar to stock ones, or you can get them from the manufacturer. Local price in western KY is sixty nine dollars a sheet, but you get a discount for buying more that ten sheets.

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wrapped sounds a lot better. Big Grin

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Do the panels butt up side by side or slip under each other? Do I need to put some seam sealer between the sheets and on the screw threads? However it works out I will take my time. Only do it once Smile

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Panels are 49" wide with 1" overlap. I paid $67 each for 49" by 144" sheets two years ago from Midwest Sheet Metal. Cost me $185 to get a pallet trucked to me. Great place to work with.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I found the build sheet. It says .030 smooth white. Should be easy to find.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If doing the whole thing I would at least step up to .040...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Midwest Sheet Metal.

Midwest Sheet Metal Company, Inc
423 E Commercial St, Springfield, MO 65803
Phone: (417) 869-1252 Fax: (417) 869-0424
Email: info@msmfab.com

http://racing.msmfab.com/

Give Chris a call. He is dedicated to racers and an all around good guy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you need some skin screws let me know.

Straightline Innovations - Performance Parts -Enclosed Trailer Screws

Posts: 64 | Location: Charlotte, Tn. | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
My old 2002 Pace American was skinned with .040". Has been through numerous hailstorms, not a ding in it. Last time we had good-sized hail here, guy parked next to me got pounded pretty bad. His had .030" skin. If you think about it percentage wise, that is 33% + thicker, huge difference. Probably costing me in fuel, but not having to re-skin the thing is worth it to me.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1037 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post