Find
Notify
Tools

tire issue
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
M/T 3183 X8 Right rear inside edge. I run them @ 6 lbs. I figure tire spin would do this to the whole tire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bigdrive88,

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MorgretNation:
M/T 3183 X8 Right rear inside edge. I run them @ 6 lbs. I figure tire spin would do this to the whole tire.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bigdrive88,

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
My guess would be bent axle, housing etc.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3965 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Doubt it's the axle housing on a dragster! I have seen this before, always tire spinning was the cause. Don't forget they spin in the burnout too!

Posts: 2139 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I see the same thing on my MT 3080. It comes and goes sometimes its on the inside other the outside. Never really worried about it.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Billy Glidden always said to rotate 'em every 2 or 3 hits. Big Grin

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Jesus. I can see me in between rd 5 & 6 saying hold on I have to flip these tires Smile Smile

quote:
Originally posted by dtye:
Billy Glidden always said to rotate 'em every 2 or 3 hits. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Mason isn't waiting for you to rotate them, lol.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 734 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't rotate every 2 or 3 hits.. but every 25-30 runs give or take some depending on your racing schedule etc. rotate them around and they'll clean up no problem. Before I switched to little bubbas now, I used to get this all the time on 3084S tires. Sometimes it would happen in one weekend if the track was really hot and it would spin a little more than usual.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Typically feathers the tires due to tire spin...poor track conditions?

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Thats a fact

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Mason isn't waiting for you to rotate them, lol.

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
drop about 2 lbs of air ,see what happens and then start back up.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Rotate them. When I ran little Bubbas they used to do that and I would rotate them when I saw it starting, about 25 runs or so. The 3197 Big Bubbas I run now dont do it

Posts: 2400 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
I see the same thing on my MT 3080. It comes and goes sometimes its on the inside other the outside. Never really worried about it.

X2 on my 3080 tires

Posts: 475 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Flipped the tires ( side to side ) Was at a different track. Tire cleaned right up.