New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diesel scanners
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I’m looking for recommendations on a diesel scanner tool that will do power stroke, Cummins. Mid-range type trucks. I know completely you get what you pay for but looking at cost effective options right now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for cheap, you really don't need a recommendation. Just buy one that fits your budget. Everyone is going to tell you to buy from one of the big tool companies or OTC.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
I've used ELM327 on my Duramax several times. It's cheap. Buy it on ebay, buy an app and connect via bluetooth with a smart phone. Check app prices and features before you order because some may be expensive.
ELM327 might not have all the specialty diesel functions. It works with all OBD2 I've tried it on though.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’m about to start a new job and I will need a scanner or laptop with programs. The ones I priced online range 300 to 6,200. I really want the Snap-on scanner but it’s 4500 and requires updates every six months for 540.00. Mandatory updating. I need to find someone local and lay hands on different ones but all my friends work for dealers like I did and have brand specific stuff like I had.

Posts: 101 | Location: Work | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 475 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You can also look into this software by PF Diagnose. This is Laptop/software base. The most expensive part is purchasing the interface and cables. Renewal is only 125 a year. I use it all the time along with the OEM which is $$$. At least read into it. The updates are free as long as you pay your renewal.

http://www.pfdiagnose.com/index.html

Posts: 1408 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post