Find
Notify
Tools

DIY Chiller?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted
Anyone built their own chiller? I'd like to have a BTU style vs ice.

Post em up!

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Chad. I made one and put manifolds on both stockers. I SCORED big time for the manifold parts. I went to SRI Performance in Mooresville NC last year during Charlotte. All and everything NASCAR surplus. Bought 2 manifolds and all the fittings for around $100. I did have to convert them from AN to regular radiator hose style. I used a cooler and a 1/8 hp 110v pump. I use ice and or ice packs we keep in the motorhome. Works AWESOME and very budget friendly. I like the commercial ones but couldn't justify 3k for the amount of times we use it.

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Kenny got any pics? PM or email if like cmconstruction2312@gmail.com

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have one made from a used beer chiller.Works great could get the TS car back to under 60 in a few minutes. 110v plugs into shore power and works like a champ. If you wanted you could get it into the high 30's on the hottest day.

Unit is basically like this one. Took some minor plumbing changes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Al Alguire,

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Kenny got any pics? PM or email if like cmconstruction2312@gmail.com

Ill try to get a few over the weekend and e-mail them..... I don't think I even have a photobucket account anymore. Pretty soon you'll be able to drive by and check sheet out. We just bought land in Julian, NC.

Sup Nay-ba!!

Posts: 1183 | Location: Lake Worth, Fla. U.S. | Registered: August 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Here`s mine. Redneck engineering.
https://hosting.photobucket.co...ight=1080&fit=bounds

https://hosting.photobucket.co...ight=1080&fit=bounds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 434 olds,

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post