New
Find
Notify
Tools

RV FOUL WATER
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I now use Camco's TastePURE 20-Micron RV Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector part# 40043, about $20

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
If antifreeze has got in the water heater coils you will not get rid of the smell until you change the water heater. If you know what sulfur water smells like out of a bad well it smells the same as the water heater if you or someone before you didn’t bypass the water heater before filling the system with antifreeze. Bypass the water heater and let the water run a few min and see if the smell is still as bad or less. Do the same with the cold water side and see if you have a smell. If all good then you know it’s the water heater

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Pool Shock, chlorine.
Mine smelled like sulfur and used pool shock which cleared it up.

I don't drink it just shower with it.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My friend Dirtdobber went to Louisiana to race and got some really bad water down there. We laugh about it now but he ended up putting enough bleach in it to turn our hair blonde while we were racing in Dallas. Big Grin

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
My friend Dirtdobber went to Louisiana to race and got some really bad water down there. We laugh about it now but he ended up putting enough bleach in it to turn our hair blonde while we were racing in Dallas. Big Grin

Eyes burn a little?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A lot!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We spend way less time messing with bad water in our current MH. I leave 100 galllons of water in the tank for weeks or even a couple months with no chlorine and it’s fine. If I had done that with our old endeavor I feel like somebody probably would’ve died from cholera. No clue what the difference is as i haven’t treated this one any different (At least not intentionally).

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post