DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Evans waterless coolant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evans waterless coolant
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted
Trying to figure out smell similar to a over charged battery.I believe could be this coolant burning in engine,anyone used or had experience with this stuff?

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I tried that stuff once, never again… I didn’t notice a smell, but I didn’t run it long and got rid of it…….plus they never paID contingency either

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Get it out now! It is eating the intake gasket. @ the crossovers, then it will leak into the valley. Total JUNK.

Why Do We Do This!

Posts: 14 | Location: United States | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It was junk, garbage, snake oil 30 years ago when it first hit the market.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Water works well.WWW

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Roger, actually water is a horrible coolant

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12274 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
It did help run about 10 degrees cooler,but im getting it out. Thanks!

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Danger Boy, your buddy here with the 63 split window. As Tech said potential trouble as I witnessed the damage.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Roger, actually water is a horrible coolant

It's been used for centuries. And it does work well, but like all things, a man has to know it's limitations.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Water and $3 worth of water pump lube has worked fine for us. And at the end of the year just dump it on the ground, I see no need for $50/gal coolant than trying to recapture/reuse it.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Water is a horrible coolant?

This is both true and false, waters thermal properties lend it to being a VERY good coolant. The chemical properties on the other hand are middle of the road, its non-toxic but will corrode some metals.

Evans waterless coolant is not snake oil when its used for what it was designed for, namely temps well above anything a drag engine will ever see in normal operation.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post