Share |
DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    M/T 3195 vs 3196
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
M/T 3195 vs 3196
 Login/Join
 
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
While I hesitate to start a tire thread (LOL), who has gone from the 3195 to the 3196 with a higher HP dragster, 4.1x-3.8x car, preferably a hard tail/slip joint car? And what were the results?

I'll be getting new tires sometime pretty soon and the Mickey guys told me the 3196 is designed with a slightly softer compound for higher HP cars. The 3195's have been awesome for me and I am hesitant to switch. Opinions?


272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.75@193
Less Boost Than You Think
www.killerrons.com


 
Posts: 1937 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm like you don't see how it could be better than the 3195...
 
Posts: 484 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I know, my tires are almost 2 years old and I just went .942 60'. They have never shook once.


272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.75@193
Less Boost Than You Think
www.killerrons.com


 
Posts: 1937 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Old SG
posted Hide Post
How can they improve on the 3195. One of the best tires ever made. No shake and produces win lights. What more do you need.


Denny Johnson
I'd rather win than drive.
SG 559
TD 5595 2015 Mile High Champ
TD 559 2016 Mile High Champ
.991
4.112 @ 174
6.401 @ 213 DA 9648
 
Posts: 567 | Location: Wheat Ridge, Co | Registered: November 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old SG:
How can they improve on the 3195. One of the best tires ever made. No shake and produces win lights. What more do you need.


A tire that doesn't chunk apart.... I loved my 95's but I had to go to the 96 hoping they stay together. So far so good. I think the 96 is a little more sticky as I have a hard time getting wheel speed sometimes.... I have good hp but no where near the same setup as you Brian... if you like the 95 then why change?


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2016 Miller
2015 NHRA D4 Champ!
2009 IHRA T/D #7
2009 IHRA D4 T/D R-up
2007 IHRA D4 Top ET Champ

http://www.killerrons.com/
Rolla Competition Engines
 
Posts: 1230 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Can't loose with either!!!!!!!

But given the choice I would get the 96's. Worked better with my car,, if fact the 3186, 95 and 96's are all winners!

I have run the 96's since last May,
 
Posts: 1047 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Can't loose with either!!!!!!!

But given the choice I would get the 96's. Worked better with my car,, if fact the 3186, 95 and 96's are all winners!

I have run the 96's since last May,


Hardtail? What ET's do you run? 60's?


272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.75@193
Less Boost Than You Think
www.killerrons.com


 
Posts: 1937 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
While I hesitate to start a tire thread (LOL), who has gone from the 3195 to the 3196 with a higher HP dragster, 4.1x-3.8x car, preferably a hard tail/slip joint car? And what were the results?

I'll be getting new tires sometime pretty soon and the Mickey guys told me the 3196 is designed with a slightly softer compound for higher HP cars. The 3195's have been awesome for me and I am hesitant to switch. Opinions?


Just order another set of Deltas and have 95s and 96s to choose from.... Big Grin


2014 Texas Motorplex Electronics and Quick open wheel track champion
 
Posts: 750 | Location: On the the dark side now | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
While I hesitate to start a tire thread (LOL), who has gone from the 3195 to the 3196 with a higher HP dragster, 4.1x-3.8x car, preferably a hard tail/slip joint car? And what were the results?

I'll be getting new tires sometime pretty soon and the Mickey guys told me the 3196 is designed with a slightly softer compound for higher HP cars. The 3195's have been awesome for me and I am hesitant to switch. Opinions?


Just order another set of Deltas and have 95s and 96s to choose from.... Big Grin


No problem, PM me your CC#! I'll even paint something orange on the car when you do!


272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.75@193
Less Boost Than You Think
www.killerrons.com


 
Posts: 1937 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Can't loose with either!!!!!!!

But given the choice I would get the 96's. Worked better with my car,, if fact the 3186, 95 and 96's are all winners!

I have run the 96's since last May,


Hardtail? What ET's do you run? 60's?


That don't matter!

But since u asked. 1.00 to 1.03. 6.70's to 6.90's. 4 link car
 
Posts: 1047 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Trophy
Picture of FinishFirst
posted Hide Post
Jegs has the 3196 on sale, I have the 95 on a 4.80 dragster and works well. Would the 3195 last much longer then the 96 since it is softer.


Thanks Bob
 
Posts: 13 | Location: Mississauga, Ontario | Registered: November 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I do not believe the 96's are softer and they do not wear any faster than the 95's.
 
Posts: 1047 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What is the roll out on the 95 and 96.
 
Posts: 216 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can't stop chunking both of them ! Hardtail , low 6s 235
 
Posts: 20 | Location: morton il | Registered: January 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
What is the roll out on the 95 and 96.


110


J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2016 Miller
2015 NHRA D4 Champ!
2009 IHRA T/D #7
2009 IHRA D4 T/D R-up
2007 IHRA D4 Top ET Champ

http://www.killerrons.com/
Rolla Competition Engines
 
Posts: 1230 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i got the 96s on my car and i wouldnt hesisate to switch without even thinking about it
 
Posts: 209 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
i got the 96s on my car and i wouldnt hesisate to switch without even thinking about it


Did you run the 95's before?


272" Spitzer
Bednar Racing Engines 540
The Blower Shop XR1
3.75@193
Less Boost Than You Think
www.killerrons.com


 
Posts: 1937 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
i got the 96s on my car and i wouldnt hesisate to switch without even thinking about it


Did you run the 95's before?


He did and same results as I found, 96's!
 
Posts: 1047 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The 95 vs 96, typically we recommend to our HP Nitrous, Pro Charge and blower combos.

They will become the norm for the majority of the Fast guys.

Just my .02

Don
 
Posts: 92 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike,

PM me your specs...

Thanks Don

quote:
Originally posted by mike wharram:
I can't stop chunking both of them ! Hardtail , low 6s 235
 
Posts: 92 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post



  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    M/T 3195 vs 3196

© DragRaceResults.com 2017