DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Cutting a truck bedliner?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cutting a truck bedliner?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted
need to cut the entire top edge off of a bedliner, its the part that sits on top of the bedrail. Any idea`s? Its about 1/4" thick hard plastic about 20Ft all around

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Sawzall, jigsaw or air saw. Might even get away with a circular saw until you get to the corners.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Thin blade grinder

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
heated knife, like a tire siping tool.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I've used a Roto-Zip with a sheet rock bit for poly as well as Lexan with great results. Kind of a cut/melt process but I ended up with a smooth finished edge.

Posts: 26 | Location: TEXAS...waiting to secede! | Registered: December 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Air saw, nothing better or faster!

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I’ve cut a ton of pvc floor boxes, flush to concrete or tile, or wood, using a vibratory cutter. Nice neat finished product.
Use a long straight edge to guide your cut.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Common to cut vinyl siding with a fine tooth circular saw blade installed backwards. Maybe that would work and yield a straight cut?

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Chainsaw done

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Torch better than chainsaw.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post