DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Step down voltage from 16 Volts to 12 Volts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Step down voltage from 16 Volts to 12 Volts
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone have a quick easy way to drop voltage on my 16 volt system down to 12 volts? I have a few accessories that I don't want to run at 16 volts. Mainly my oil accumulator valve.The instructions say right on them, for 12 volt systems only.

I know that some batteries have a 12 volt terminal right beside the 16 volt side, but I am happy with my XS and don't plan on switching anytime soon.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I use the XS brand voltage step down and it runs one thing, my water pump. It was cavitating on 16 volts. Otherwise everything else has been fine including my oil accumulator valve. Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Your accumulator valve will be fine with 16 volts, no step down needed

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
if a diode is place inline in the positive wire it will drop voltage .7 per diode.i just used 3 diodes in series to drop voltage to my o2 sensors.resistors can be used but will bcreate a certain amount of heat.diodes no heat.i dropped 2.1 v with dides and that was enough for me

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post