DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Morel Black Mamba Lifters
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Morel Black Mamba Lifters
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Anybody using these, did you follow the break-in procedure, para, 2.?

Black Mamba & Bushing Style Lifter Installation
1. These lifters have a special break-in lube between the axle and the roller wheel.
“DO NOT WASH IN SOLVENT.” Wipe the lifters off with a clean lint-free rag and
install into engine.
2. These lifters need a break-in period with no load on motor for 25-30 minutes,
varying the RPM from 1800-2200 RPM. After break-in re-lash lifters. The lash
should not vary more than .001”.
3. Do not use any oil restrictors.
4. Make sure the lifter to bore clearance on cast iron blocks is .0015”-.0017” and on
aluminum blocks it is .0014”-.0016”. The lifter bore roundness and taper should
be a maximum of .0002”. Following these clearances will give you good oil to the
rocker arms while giving you good performance and durability

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2500 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My builder uses them. Follow the instructions. Nice piece.

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Every nationally known professional sportsman engine builder is using either BAM or Isky EZX roller lifters so it’s no shock that this broke dyck plans to use brand X because they are cheaper. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When i purchased lifters a year and a half ago Black mamba was more expensive than BAM for a SBC and a very good piece. As usual you project hate. You need help in the head.

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
When i purchased lifters a year and a half ago Black mamba was more expensive than BAM for a SBC and a very good piece. As usual you project hate. You need help in the head.

I have a new set of Lunati needle bearing lifters that I was going to use & 2 complete sets of the same used rollers. They were great lifters & never had a problem.

The builder wanted to use a bushed lifter. They had done another blown motor for bracket racing & it kept taking out needle bearing lifters when the guy peddled it. It stopped when they went to the bushed. Regardless they are in the motor now & hope to fire it soon.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2500 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:

And not what you are thinking either.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Two clueless broke dycks

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

I have a new set of Lunati needle bearing lifters that I was going to use & 2 complete sets of the same used rollers. They were great lifters & never had a problem.

The builder wanted to use a bushed lifter. They had done another blown motor for bracket racing & it kept taking out needle bearing lifters when the guy peddled it. It stopped when they went to the bushed. Regardless they are in the motor now & hope to fire it soon.

It's nice to acquire this info on these terms, in comparison to being the ginny pig.

I think we had bushed lifters in the twin proCharger car for the same reason. I think that's what we had at one point.

I think later they went to a Jesel needle bearing lifter, and it held-up. It's been a while hard to remember.

In your case, I'd go with the info. Although the best approach is probably bushed lifters and a tool steel cam core - with a ProCharger.

The camshaft is mild (spring pressure), so you'll be fine.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The conversation ain’t about needle bearings vs. bushings, it’s about a broke dyck who takes his shyt to some local nobody assembler and after waiting 13 months and threating to get the police involved, he gets it back with lifters that aren’t the benchmark, rather he gets what his hack assembler makes more profit on, old pushrods and the manifold not milled. That’s what happens when you’re clueless and a broke dyck.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Anybody using these, did you follow the break-in procedure, para, 2.?

Black Mamba & Bushing Style Lifter Installation
1. These lifters have a special break-in lube between the axle and the roller wheel.
“DO NOT WASH IN SOLVENT.” Wipe the lifters off with a clean lint-free rag and
install into engine.
2. These lifters need a break-in period with no load on motor for 25-30 minutes,
varying the RPM from 1800-2200 RPM. After break-in re-lash lifters. The lash
should not vary more than .001”.
3. Do not use any oil restrictors.
4. Make sure the lifter to bore clearance on cast iron blocks is .0015”-.0017” and on
aluminum blocks it is .0014”-.0016”. The lifter bore roundness and taper should
be a maximum of .0002”. Following these clearances will give you good oil to the
rocker arms while giving you good performance and durability

Follow the directions, they'll be fine in your engine.

I've used a lot of Morel lifters, zero failures.

Morel, Crower, Bam, ISKY. They're all pretty decent from what I've seen.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:

You know what they say."Can't fix stupid". Hell he would by shyt over gold if it was priced higher and made hi feel like big man he iosn't.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Morel is a trusted name in lifters and the Black Mamba are supposed to be Billet bodies with larger bushed rollers. Seems like someone said the Lunati and several other brand lifters were made by Morel? (Someone WILL correct me if I am wrong)I like the bushed rollers, the ones I use are Crower bushed type but the Black Mamba sounds like they should be good.

You have them then run them and no matter what brand you have if you start losing valve lash then you need to find and address the issue. Also I would add if you do have problems most can be traced to some other issue, incorrect pushrod length, oiling issue, wrong lash, coil bind, or some other issue.

I will say this I think the bushed type lifters may not be as tolerant with dirty oil and I do not think the Wix race filters many use filter the fine particles enough. What I use on my car is TWO of the large Chevy 2 quart truck filters in parallel so they get good filtration with little restriction. I think the added weight of a few pounds is well worth the cleaner oil.

I would not throw them away just because someone does not like them but if you do I will give you my shipping address.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Two more clueless broke dycks here now stating their opinion. Meanwhile, I’ve been running roller lifters for 22 years and have used Crower Severe Duty, Isky EZX and BAM lifters without failure.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Nobody said anything bad about Crower, Isky or BAM. Just saying the Black Mamba look interesting and may be good.

He has them I would run them and if they are not good let us know. If they are good let us know and one of you can say "I told you so"

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3972 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nobody said anybody said anything bad about Crower, Isky or BAM. Just saying the Black Mamba are not the benchmark, not the gold standard of roller lifters in bracket engines.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Nobody said anybody said anything bad about Crower, Isky or BAM. Just saying the Black Mamba are not the benchmark, not the gold standard of roller lifters in bracket engines.

Biotch STFU, you've proven over the years,the gold standard according to your pea brain, is whatever comes in your crate engine.

You've probably never even seen the lifters in your crate engine.

You're a know nothing, do nothing crate engine clown ed.

On your own you couldn't make it to the race track with a car to race.

You're trolling the thread with pretend knowledge again. Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Biotch make me, you ain’t got the balls, skills nor car so STFU! You’re a clueless nobody that thinks he knows.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Biotch make me, you ain’t got the balls, skills nor car so STFU! You’re a clueless nobody that thinks he knows.

You're like 4 feet 8" inches tall midget. Just about anyone has the skills. Smile

The OP is thinking about running bushed lifters in his new ProCharger combo, do you have any hands on experience with ProCharger combo's?..... No.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
More clueless comments from a nobody that thinks he knows. No surprise your latest claim of expertise is procharger engines. Falling of chair laughing

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Again......LOL! Read & comprehend the first sentence.

I'm glad someone reads everything I post, stop being mad & full of hate. You can't figure out how a broke dyck, clueless, nobody with a shytbox can win races, Wally's, big money & championships. So, like the picture shows of one of my Wally's; kiss Wally's A...SS!

I would be mad to if I knew everything & had everything, but you can't find you butt in the drivers seat to compete at the Big Show. Stop being scared & prove you are not the ultimate loser.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436