DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    California Zero Emissions Bill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Zero Emissions Bill
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
President Newsome is trying to pass a law banning new fossil fuel cars sales in 2035 and new truck sales in 2045. He just sealed his fate among voters. I hope...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you read his order it says it’s a goal. He doesn’t have the power to do this. However, his crooked buddies at the California Air Resources Board do.

My bet, never happens or comes even close

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's going to be attempted believe me..After all, this IS California..It probably won't survive the obligatory court challenge, but the loons running this state will most certainly try to pass it...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Your governor is a complete wack job...

Posts: 2421 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A relative of that skank pelosi....what do expect ?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I just read that. If he thinks he will attempt that with class 8 trucks, he better try some different Meds. Pipe dream. He seen the light?

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The only thing this does is allows unlimited funding to CARB with no required goal. This is just a way to funnel money into his pocket. They don't give a crap about the emissions.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about the true motivations behind it, but several European nations as well as automakers have the same goal. It isn’t that crazy.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I know nothing about the true motivations behind it, but several European nations as well as automakers have the same goal. It isn’t that crazy.

Hi Lenny!
Problem is going green electric still requires fossil fuel to get there. Will it ever pencil out? No.. my opinion.. if memory serves me, Ca pushed for vehicle manufactures to go fossil -less.. This will push more car and truck supported business out of Ca. What else will be hidden in this bill?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Their power grid already has rolling blackouts because they can't supply enough electricity, all their electrical infrastructure is hopelessly outdated, frail, and in need of basic maintenance and repair that they cannot afford, they buy power on the spot market from neighboring states at wildly inflated prices - and now they're gonna power all their cars and trucks with electricity they already don't have.

LMAO

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why anybody in their right mind would live in California is amazing.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
It is a shame, the absolute lunatics running that state. How they keep getting elected just baffles me. The geography and weather there are amazing. I can't believe nobody has tried running on a platform of Make California Great Again. It was a cool place to grow up in the 50's, 60's, and early 70's. I left there almost 40 years ago, and that was almost too late. Place has completely gone to SHYT over the past few decades. My little Sis passed away there last year. Took the family out to celebrate her life. Took them to some places that used to be fun. Not any more. Couldn't hardly get to the beach, or check out many of the shops or eateries, because the politicians there have embraced the homeless junkies and meth-heads, now cops and business owners can't move them out of the way, so customers have to step over them to enter businesses, (after dodging piles of poop and used needles all over the sidewalks). Freaking ridiculous... Mad

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Also heard; this administration (CA) is against Fracking but now has granted permits to start fracking?

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
It is a shame, the absolute lunatics running that state. How they keep getting elected just baffles me. The geography and weather there are amazing. I can't believe nobody has tried running on a platform of Make California Great Again. It was a cool place to grow up in the 50's, 60's, and early 70's. I left there almost 40 years ago, and that was almost too late. Place has completely gone to SHYT over the past few decades. My little Sis passed away there last year. Took the family out to celebrate her life. Took them to some places that used to be fun. Not any more. Couldn't hardly get to the beach, or check out many of the shops or eateries, because the politicians there have embraced the homeless junkies and meth-heads, now cops and business owners can't move them out of the way, so customers have to step over them to enter businesses, (after dodging piles of poop and used needles all over the sidewalks). Freaking ridiculous... Mad

Jim, SF Bay Area?

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Oh, it's going to be attempted believe me..After all, this IS California..It probably won't survive the obligatory court challenge, but the loons running this state will most certainly try to pass it...

It could the 9nth Court of Appeals is as Liberal as can be and Supreme Court may not want to get involved in it.

As I understand it he passed it as an Executive Order not sure how that will stand up long term.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Deregulation of utilities, in many states and in a bigger way in California, the most populous state, has resulted in less reliable operation. Utilities that still operate in regulated states are mandated to provided reliable power and have way more control over all the assets needed to do that, by owning/operating the power plants and transmission and delivery side. Unregulated states has more moving parts (dependency) and lack the same incentives to maintain the wire has diminished.

As to the California change mentioned, renewable generation is definitely the future. That’s the sauce to make this practically and lowers pollution from fossil combustion. I doubt any of us will see this in common practice. I’m just saying it’s going to happen, just not in our lifetime. The economics are not good for battery cars to succeed and that will trump this stated goal. Fossil fuel and gas prices are very cheap now and with many office types working from home, gas use is way down.

https://www.latimes.com/enviro...blackouts-caiso-says

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12156 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to charge my electric car from solar power every night.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Deregulation of utilities, in many states and in a bigger way in California, the most populous state, has resulted in less reliable operation. Utilities that still operate in regulated states are mandated to provided reliable power and have way more control over all the assets needed to do that, by owning/operating the power plants and transmission and delivery side. Unregulated states has more moving parts (dependency) and lack the same incentives to maintain the wire has diminished.

As to the California change mentioned, renewable generation is definitely the future. That’s the sauce to make this practically and lowers pollution from fossil combustion. I doubt any of us will see this in common practice. I’m just saying it’s going to happen, just not in our lifetime. The economics are not good for battery cars to succeed and that will trump this stated goal. Fossil fuel and gas prices are very cheap now and with many office types working from home, gas use is way down.

https://www.latimes.com/enviro...blackouts-caiso-says

About 5%-9% of our power comes from wind and solar. And that's "our sauce"? There are reasons that it is 5%. What might they be?
And we all forget that there is an environmental cost to the technology behind "green" energy. At some point we realize it isn't all that much better. Just different.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6394 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Jim, SF Bay Area?

No, SoCal. San Fernando Valley area, Northwest of LA. The worst part of our trip last Summer was Venice Beach. Miles of boardwalk that "used to" front the beach. Now bordered by miles of a continuous line of homeless "tents" along the seawall, made up mostly of cardboard, trash bags and tarps. Serving as a barrier between the boardwalk and the beach. Can't use the public beach bathrooms either, because the "aristocrats" among the homeless are camped out in every one of the stalls...

Dan "Jim" Moore

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
About 5%-9% of our power comes from wind and solar. And that's "our sauce"? There are reasons that it is 5%. What might they be?
And we all forget that there is an environmental cost to the technology behind "green" energy. At some point we realize it isn't all that much better. Just different.

Dead on, Bucky.
All the liberal tree huggers feel better by plugging in their electric cars, and using those cursed, infuriating, disease-spreading hand dryers instead of a paper towel. Because they don't see the emissions belching out of the coal-fired power plants that enable them to enjoy their phony "environmentally-friendly" lifestyles. Sorry, the tech to support these green dreams simply is not there yet....

Dan "Jim" Moore