DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    et vs temp with meth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

et vs temp with meth
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Yea lazy and its not drug test. Wondering how much change you see in your combo with temp increase and running methanol? Also injected or one of those funny looking things.I think they call them carbs.We all know carbs are bad for you especially with my diabetes. Hope to avoid injections there if anyway possible there.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Are you talking air temps or engine temps? I apologize for being clueless.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
sorry my bad engine temp. Bad habit,just not thinking air temp. Since it changes almost nothing with air thinking that everyone would know what page I was reading w/o having a book. LOL

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of strictlybiz
posted Hide Post
My motor 572 bbc injection and alcohol will increase 10 degrees at the end of the pass.

Posts: 12 | Location: deer park | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can run my car from 140-180 with no real difference. This is a BBC with terminator swing arm dragster.

Posts: 7 | Location: tea sd | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Let me restate it. When engine temp increases what change do you see et wise, Say 10* or 20* equal x amount et change.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
When engine temp increases what change do you see et wise

IMO, your goal should be to start each round with the same engine temperature so you're not adding another condition like track and air to effect your et.

Smile

Posts: 2962 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
GOAL yes,but sometimes things don't do as plan. Just looking for little info for future,in case of and don't have actual numbers to work off of.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I always try to pull into burnout box at 160 but one time I got to final round and car BARELY started to pull forward. I left it running and water temp was over 205 when I staged. The other car was much slower and he red lighted but did not know it. I passed him and stood on brakes and still broke out by .005 so on that motor it picked up a lot when it was hot.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nothing for nothing, you have to get it to a track before you should worry about temps.

If you want to travel to NJ I'll sell you a 24' open trailer for $100 as is. It definitely needs tires, but last time I looked at it was still in decent shape.
I'm sure it's worth more but just trying to help out. Maybe you can do a Go fund me and if you get it over $1200 I'll take $900 and put tires on it and make sure it is road worthy. You would have $300 in tow money.

Just throwing it out there.

Plus, don't you have a solid block? No one I know bracket races with a solid block. So not a lot of racers to compare to.

I like to stage at 165+ water temp with both cars on alky.

On my slow pump gas car lower water temps would be faster,with the oil hot.

I am a big proponent of heat soaking the engine prior to making a time run.

Good luck either way!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
trailer in works.

Not asking what my car will do just what others have seen with their cars.Gives me a bases for working with. I am not worried about temps. I am getting input from others. No such thing as too much info.

Yes solid block and understand not same as others,but will work in similar manner with heat. MAybe they pickup .10 with 20* degrees and mine only .08,but still work same just little different numbers.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
I've learned that leaving @160 instead of 180 will kill .05 every time.I've left as high as 210 and it was faster, but not a lot. We run 180 thermostats in all 4 of our cars. I ran a solid block for several years, with coolant circulating through the heads, and it worked very well. We have 2 block heaters and a pan heater in all of them. Heat is really critical IMO.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 793 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC4400:
I've learned that leaving @160 instead of 180 will kill .05 every time.I've left as high as 210 and it was faster, but not a lot.

Is this with a carb or mfi ?

Posts: 2451 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post