DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    mickey thompson 3197 are my eyes failing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mickey thompson 3197 are my eyes failing?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
please lord tell me im just seeing things.new mickey Thompson 3197 with 5 passes.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m sure it’s your car being setup wrong

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Just send it

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m sure it’s your car being setup wrong

I was thinking the same thing

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
MY's don't require much of a burn out. MT says best tire performance is tire temp between 10 degrees plus or minus track temp......within reason.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Have not seen that in a while (since I had two sets of 95’s Do that). Prepare for lots of “thats your fault” and how many guys win with them...MT told me to keep running them long as the hole was smaller Than a quarter. My car made no change from 3195, 3196, and Hoosier C1500 (other than finish line rpm slightly lower in C1500). I stick with Hoosier until I stop seeing blisters on quick T/D cars.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
well mickey Thompson to the rescue..and jegs was pretty descent to deal with.full warranty.

I just hope im the only one that's got it on the 3197

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Damn I was hoping that tire would solve this issue ! Obviously not

Posts: 7 | Location: morton il | Registered: January 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
well mickey Thompson to the rescue..and jegs was pretty descent to deal with.full warranty.

I just hope im the only one that's got it on the 3197

good to hear

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Looks like maybe a molding flaw to me. Not the blistering or chunking I have seen/had on the 95s. I will keep a close eye on mine.

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Glad they treated you right. Like Steve hoping that the blistering is a thing of the the past, they fix that and it’s a great tire. Mine only seemed to chunk in July/August when it was really hot for what it’s worth.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post