DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Chassis guys step in
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chassis guys step in
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted
What causes the back of the car to go to the left in the water box???
94 lumina with a SBC
Thx

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Left front brake caliper not holding.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Rearend being slightly out of square with the car could do it also.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Corner Weights

Duane Allen

Posts: 29 | Location: Sandston VA | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Left front brake caliper not holding.

Does it even if I don’t use the line lock

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would agree with above about corner weights.

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
LF-706. RF-605
LR-588
RR-543

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Does it do it everywhere or one track? If the track has grooves worn it can move you sideways.

Posts: 1447 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Does it do it everywhere or one track? If the track has grooves worn it can move you sideways.

All tracks

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Get it on a good alignment machine. My guess is the rear end is out of square. As stated in a post above.

4 link car?

Posts: 64 | Location: south carolina | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Have you swapped rear tires side to side?

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 250 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by diceman1530:
Have you swapped rear tires side to side?

I have checked rollout. They are within a 1/4” of each other

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good Article from Bickel.

https://www.onallcylinders.com...-track-temperatures/

All Pontiac. No Juice.

Posts: 34 | Location: Maple Grove, Mn | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
There are so many things that can cause the rear to steer one way or another during a burnout.
I would definitely be checking to make sure your rear end is squared in the chassis first. Second, I would be taking a good look at your corner weights. Especially since you said the back of the car is washing out to the left. Typically, you would want more weight on the RR. This would make sense in your situation. Is this a 4 link car, with anti-roll?

Mike Boehner

Posts: 91 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167:
There are so many things that can cause the rear to steer one way or another during a burnout.
I would definitely be checking to make sure your rear end is squared in the chassis first. Second, I would be taking a good look at your corner weights. Especially since you said the back of the car is washing out to the left. Typically, you would want more weight on the RR. This would make sense in your situation. Is this a 4 link car, with anti-roll?

Yes it’s a 4 link but NO anti-roll

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shorten the right top bar half a flat.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00 DEAD ON:
LF-706. RF-605
LR-588
RR-543

this does not seem right to me.

I try to get 50# heavy on right rear with no one in the seat. heavy on left rear doesn't seem right.

ep-others may know more about this.

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
quote:
Originally posted by 00 DEAD ON:
LF-706. RF-605
LR-588
RR-543

this does not seem right to me.

I try to get 50# heavy on right rear with no one in the seat. heavy on left rear doesn't seem right.

ep-others may know more about this.

This. With that much weight on left rear I would say if you are pulling big wheelies it would be going to the right. Scale it get more weight off the left rear tire and it should work better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
This car does NOT pull the wheels. This is scaled with me 235 lbs in the seat race ready

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I figured it was not pulling the front wheels or it would go to the right. I think if you move some weight off left rear it will fix it.

That is assuming it is not a problem with track not being level.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post