DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Pin hole in front tire, plug it or tube it?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pin hole in front tire, plug it or tube it?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The last time i bought M/T front runners the second race out one got a small hole , It got pluged and ran for two years with no problems.I always carry a plug kit with me in the trailer.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
Let me tell you about my experience. First of all, you can NOT buff the inside of a true race front runner for a patch. The inside of these tires are much thinner than a regular passenger tire. Buffing the race front runners will almost immediately go into the belts of the tire.

I found a kit that allows a repair of these tires by using a "liquid" patch. This kit is available from Safety Seal. It does not require any buffing of the tire with a grinder or rasp. It does come with "plugs" to use on larger holes, but you still have to use the "liquid" patch from the inside to seal around the plug when it is installed. If you have a small hole (pin hole), as long as you know where the hole comes through to the inside, you can use the liquid patch after prepping the area with their cleaning fluid.

I've used it on a front runner and regular passenger tires and it works really good.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the Safety Seal Liquid Patch.

https://safetyseal.com/safetysealplus.php

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post