Find
Notify
Tools

Rons Gold Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted
I know Rons will no longer service the small gold pumps and of course I have 2 of them lol. Has anyone found a replacement for this pump (that's not $500) or someone to rebuild them. The series 3 pumps at proconpumps.com look the same I'm going to contact them but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas. Thanks

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think they're a Coca Cola syrup pump aren't they?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
That's what they look like my parents were in the concession business for 40 years and they look just like the pump on a carbonation pump, I've always been curious if they were the same. Lol

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the Rons gold pump are a Procon pump.
Ron conveniently mills off the part number so you will have to contact Procon to figure out what exactly they are.
Ron's will not sell a rebuild kit or seal kit. Through Procon I believe they are around $40.00.
Pretty easy to take apart and repair in my opinion.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Yup, it is a procon.
On some I have seen if you pull the snap ring and pull the front cover out, on the other side of the cover is usually the procon part number.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
rons is currently doing a trade in program for those pumps. Save $100 on a new pump. Go directly through Rons, not James.

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the part number for 0-1/2 pump rebuild kit? Also where do you get them? Thanks

2017 Modified Sumerduck dragway Champ
2015 SBRA Footbrake Points Champ
Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

Posts: 56 | Location: manassas | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Big10,

If it were me I would send it to be rebuilt and flowed. There are several guys out there, Dave Koehler, Steve Casner, Spud Webb and of course Rons. Good luck.

Posts: 5297 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Koehler:
Yup, it is a procon.
On some I have seen if you pull the snap ring and pull the front cover out, on the other side of the cover is usually the procon part number.

Dave do you rebuild these pumps? I have one I'd like to send you if you do.

sammy mathis

DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastman-99:
rons is currently doing a trade in program for those pumps. Save $100 on a new pump. Go directly through Rons, not James.

Yeah I saw that the bad part is I have two of these pumps that have always worked great one needs rebuilt, I'm just not ready to spend $500 on a pump because I'm cheap lol

sammy mathis

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Koehler:
Yup, it is a procon.

Dave do you rebuild these pumps? I have one I'd like to send you if you do.

Sammy,
Sorry but no. Every time I tried to flow one of those it shook the bejesus out of the bench.
That might tell you something?

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anyone upgraded to black pump yet? I replace my Ron's #0 vane with Black #0 and haven't been able to get tune right.

Posts: 20 | Location: Michie,Tn. | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's a suggestion. Save money, send entire system to Dave, buy new pump from Dave, have Dave flow the system, install new system, race happy.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Procon will be no help if you tell them that you are using it for anything other than the fountain syrup pump. They used to be local in Murfreesboro TN called them and everything was going good until i told them it was a fuel pump on a race car. They wouldn't sell me the parts at that point. Have to have a friend get them for me.

Posts: 5 | Location: ****son TN | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bringing this back up. Did anybody find an answer to parts rebuild question? I may have found the seals will know that in a few days. But nothing with vanes and such. I'm with Falcon I have a working pump although it needs seals (which I think I may have solved).
Thanks Rick

Posts: 9 | Location: Montana The Big Sky State | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Please let me know if the seals work all my pump needs is seals.

Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

Posts: 56 | Location: manassas | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Monza2206 do you have part numbers for rebuild kit?

Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Procon pump takes a different seal than the gold pump.I should have a seal kit here this week. The Ron's people sure seem apprehensive to help a guy out, I guess the liabilities.
Thanks Rick

Posts: 9 | Location: Montana The Big Sky State | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick

Mason Dixon Dragway
Horse Power Innovations
E 85 Carb

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Look up Bernard pump # 5515 Not sure what size it is looks the same as Ron’s gold pump

Posts: 34 | Location: rubicn wi. | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post