DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    A White 34' Bathroom Package Trailer (Haulmark)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A White 34' Bathroom Package Trailer (Haulmark)
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
This is the basic trailer package I'm looking to buy/order in late summer or fall. I need to add air conditioning & would like to have a small refrigerator/freezer added. I'm up in the air about adding an awning, Las Vegas winds. Is there anything else you think I should have added to the trailer. I will be paying cash for the trailer & wanting to keep cost @ 36K.

It will be hauling 68 or 80 Camaro around 3,000 lbs. A pit scooter/quad, tools, spare parts & spare trans. The trailer will mainly be used around the surrounding states of NV. & 1 trip cross country a year. Let me know what you think within the budget.

I forgot to add, I stay at the track 2 - 4 days at a time & a little longer for the big races.

https://www.trailernut.com/202...ng-trailer-iHqg.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For that budget, have you looked at a Vintage or Bravo, they are both better trailers. And get the awning too it won't be windy all the time and shade is nice.

Posts: 606 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
For that budget, have you looked at a Vintage or Bravo, they are both better trailers. And get the awning too it won't be windy all the time and shade is nice.

I have looked at Vintage, but not Bravo. They are both back East, at least Vintage. Then you have the cost of picking up or having it delivered. Vintage was my 1st choice, but about 1-2K more expensive for the similar model. Add the additional items & picking up/delivered, the budget is gone.

Vegas is our home track, we have wind more often than not. We park the trailer to use it as shade.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
In my opinion skip the built in fridge, unless you are going for the propane version. I would look at the Dometic Fridge/Freezers that either use 12V or 110V. They are portable and have more capacity.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
In my opinion skip the built in fridge, unless you are going for the propane version. I would look at the Dometic Fridge/Freezers that either use 12V or 110V. They are portable and have more capacity.

I haven't researched the fridge too much. I would like to have it on propane, 12v & 110v. I think it's called a 2 or 3 way set-up?

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
That is a 3 Way RV fridge. If you need the propane, that is the only way to go.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

That sounds like the way I want to go. Now I have to see if Haulmark does that when building the trailer.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
This is the basic trailer package I'm looking to buy/order in late summer or fall. I need to add air conditioning & would like to have a small refrigerator/freezer added. I'm up in the air about adding an awning, Las Vegas winds. Is there anything else you think I should have added to the trailer. I will be paying cash for the trailer & wanting to keep cost @ 36K.

It will be hauling 68 or 80 Camaro around 3,000 lbs. A pit scooter/quad, tools, spare parts & spare trans. The trailer will mainly be used around the surrounding states of NV. & 1 trip cross country a year. Let me know what you think within the budget.

I forgot to add, I stay at the track 2 - 4 days at a time & a little longer for the big races.

https://www.trailernut.com/202...ng-trailer-iHqg.html

I forgot to add: I'm going with an Onan portable 4500 generator with a slide out, cost $1100. I want to add a fold down couch/bed, hopefully can find space to use it while on the road travelling. Plus, plan on all the Pit Pal accessories; I like the (4) 5 gal. stacked jug rack. Starting to cut into that $36K budget.

I need to call Haulmark & ask about the fridge option, if they have it. It's not a deal killer, but a nicety I would like to have.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That sounds like the way I want to go. Now I have to see if Haulmark does that when building the trailer.

I'm not sure if Haulmark is still the same but, when I bought my trailer back in 04 they sent it out to a different company (or subsidiary) to get the lounge built.
The fridge wouldn't be that complicated to install. DIY.. In fact I had mine built with just a closet and I installed the bathroom myself.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
I'm not sure if Haulmark is still the same but, when I bought my trailer back in 04 they sent it out to a different company (or subsidiary) to get the lounge built.
The fridge wouldn't be that complicated to install. DIY.. In fact I had mine built with just a closet and I installed the bathroom myself.

Dave

I just don't have the time or motivation to do that type of work myself. I don't mind paying $$$ to have the major stuff done. The minor stuff, like Pit Pal accessories will be DIY.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Understood.. I'm getting to where I'm unable to do a lot of stuff I used to not even think of..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm finally to the point of putting a deposit down on the trailer in next couple of weeks. Today we worked out the final details of the trailer (Phil's Trailer Sales, TX.) & need to get it in writing. Total package will be around 37K.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Got the call from Phil's Trailer, our trailer is ready for pick-up. Looks like my Son & I are taking a road trip to Tx. mid Apr.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Make sure it comes with spare tire. One of my friends just bought from them and they got home no spare tire and wanted $350 for one.

I plan on buying one similar to yours but after his experience I will be buying from a different dealer. He had many problems with them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Make sure it comes with spare tire. One of my friends just bought from them and they got home no spare tire and wanted $350 for one.

I plan on buying one similar to yours but after his experience I will be buying from a different dealer. He had many problems with them.

I ordered a matching spare. Hope I don't have any problems with them.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope you do not have any problems with them.

As for your new trailer sounds just like what I am planning on buying later this year. Right now I am building a 60' x 100'shop insulated and air conditioned and 16' x 100 covered carport for truck and trailer. So I am very busy and most of my money is tied up to.
My plan is similar to yours, with a bathroom package and couple fold out cots can comfortably stay over night if needed. And it is not the hassle and size of motorhome etc.

Your trailer sounds really nice, please keep us informed on it and I would like to see pictures after you get it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Devils in the details, we are running into some minor issues already. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. Phil's is blaming Haulmark & I would bet Haulmark is blaming Phil's. HMMMM

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right now I am building a 60' x 100'shop insulated and air conditioned and 16' x 100 covered carport for truck and trailer. So I am very busy and most of my money is tied up to.

Sounds like a nice set-up for a broke dyck, I had too. Wouldn't mind seeing the finished product. You building it or having it done?

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Right now I am building a 60' x 100'shop insulated and air conditioned and 16' x 100 covered carport for truck and trailer. So I am very busy and most of my money is tied up to.

Sounds like a nice set-up for a broke dyck, I had too. Wouldn't mind seeing the finished product. You building it or having it done?

Lol, I think it will be nice and fit my needs. Having it built, The location is up on a hill with a good view. I bought 3 acres from a friend who owns 197 acres and my property is surrounded by his property. Him and his son both are some of better racers in the Country. The floors will be epoxy coated and the walls are 16' high for plenty of shelving and storage space. Have 80 feet of shelving and I will do the bottom shelf about 7 feet high and under each one will be lighted work spaces. Each one set up for what ever such as clean areas and one for drilling, grinding, polishing etc, one for my Reloading stuff. I will have a four post lift and will keep the 67 Camaro and my 67 Corvette on that to save floor space.
The living quarters is only 1175 sq ft with 2 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms.
I also have two of the tall 40 Storage containers that are on the side of the car port. one will be used for storage and the other partitioned off and used for painting/sandblasting. I told the contractor on the lighting of the shop I wanted it well light up with LED lights. He did all his calculations for lighting and then I told him double those lights.
Will also be doing some solar power once I get a few electric bills in to determine exactly what size system I need.
One other cool thing from the street you can not see anything but my gate and road. It goes 330 feet along tree line then goes to left for another 400 feet. Hope to be complete and moved in 30 days, already over budget but paying cash for it and it has taken longer than I wanted but it is what it is.

After it is all done I want a trailer just like B King!

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
LOL! To the last sentence.

Good on you Curly, cash is king!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436