Find
Notify
Tools

Motorhome Tires
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I saw a Peterbilt rock hauler Sunday on the way home from San Antonio. I noticed it had Toyo on the front. You know those guys haul ass.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
what is the price range on the toyo if you don't mind me asking. I am running Michelin now and they are aging out.

ep

I paid $339.68 each

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
what is the price range on the toyo if you don't mind me asking. I am running Michelin now and they are aging out.

ep

I paid $339.68 each

Great price

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I have the Toyos on mine and I have no complaints but they were on there when I bought it so I can't really compare. My coach calls for a 235/80R22.5 Michelin but they are ridiculously priced. The Toyo is a 245/75R22.5 but if you look at the specs of the 2 tires, they are nearly identical.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I have the Toyos on mine and I have no complaints but they were on there when I bought it so I can't really compare. My coach calls for a 235/80R22.5 Michelin but they are ridiculously priced. The Toyo is a 245/75R22.5 but if you look at the specs of the 2 tires, they are nearly identical.

Michelin metric numbers are goofy, it's the same tire.

The Michelin XRV has been backordered for months.
We just started selling Toyo.
Bridgstones are more $$$ than Michelin.
I also like and sell Yokohama.
The Firestone is a good tire for the $$$ as well.

The prevailing theory on Michelin tires for coaches is that they do seem to be able to run well at lower pressure, which helps the ride quality. Michelin tires do contain more natural rubber that any other brand of tire, which has always been the justification for the price.

Wear mileage is very rarely a concern, 99% of coach tires dry rot with 75%-80% tread intact.

Find someone who is a Family Motor Coach Assn. member and see what their Michelin pricing is, they buy @ National Account pricing.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1622 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I just got the firestones today. I think I like them a little better ride wise than the Hankooks that came off. On a plus note the dealer gave me $100 each for the hankook take offs. On the way back from MO, it picked up an increasing vibration over 74 mph. I was spooked and figured it was time to get them off anyhow. Hopefully the vibration is gone.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i have not had any issues with the 561's been useing for a few years,i get a normal life from them,

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
i have not had any issues with the 561's been useing for a few years,i get a normal life from them,

First shorter trip towing I really like them a lot better than the Hankooks. The outer layer of rubber is much softer, giving a much better ride. I can tolerate more tire pressure with these by far and still have a better ride. I believe they have two extra ply's too. They don't squirm around. Very happy.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
cool

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1396 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post