Find
Notify
Tools

Motorhome Tires
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Mich is out due to price.
I have Hankooks on my DP, date code 2013, so time to go.
They have been fine. Ride a bit rough, but it could just be Illinois roads frankly. Load range H.

Same price for Firestone 561's, load range J. Not a particular heavy motorhome, and I doubt the J's will make it ride nicer. But I am wrong sometimes.

Any experience with the Firestones? Any preference between the two tires.
Both are in the $420 range each mounted.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
2 ply jump. What are they LP22.5. I believe the SR on the J is 62 Mph. I could be wrong. About how much are you under with the gross loaded with the
H's?. Most of the ones i sold were Yokes or Toyo whether it is a RV or a class 8. Have the kooks served you well aside from age?. That 420, is that mounted and balanced? If balanced, Balance compound or lead weights? just curious..

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
2 ply jump. What are they LP22.5. I believe the SR on the J is 62 Mph. I could be wrong. About how much are you under with the gross loaded with the
H's?. Most of the ones i sold were Yokes or Toyo whether it is a RV or a class 8. Have the kooks served you well aside from age?. That 420, is that mounted and balanced? If balanced, Balance compound or lead weights? just curious..

I need to find my weights written down, but I'm under by a good amount. (how about that for specific?)
Mounted and balanced. 12$ or so for each pack of equal. Planning on balancing the fronts only.
Probably do the Kooks again. Just making sure I'm not missing the boat on the Firestones.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Go TOYO’S...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Go TOYO’S...

Tell me more. Have you compared to Hankooks?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I put FS561 on the front of my 36' Beaver and they rode better than the toyos I took off. I put rice tires in the back (Road-Lux looked just like the 561s) with no issues. I figure I can throw them away sooner and not feel the pain. I would never put them on the front! We have some resident experts that will chime in. I cannot attest to the mileage of the tire just the ride was great on air ride magnum chassis.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Go TOYO’S...

Tell me more. Have you compared to Hankooks?
All I can tell you is I run Michelin’s TOYO’S would be by second choice based on all the reviews an people I’ve talked to about them...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
But just like bry war your gone get different opinions my Michelin’s ride great...but they high as Giraffe p u s s y

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Toyo's on my Journey for two years. Nice ride.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry-war:
I put FS561 on the front of my 36' Beaver and they rode better than the toyos I took off. I put rice tires in the back (Road-Lux looked just like the 561s) with no issues. I figure I can throw them away sooner and not feel the pain. I would never put them on the front! We have some resident experts that will chime in. I cannot attest to the mileage of the tire just the ride was great on air ride magnum chassis.

Mine's a Magnum too. Mileage not really an issue for me. They age out on me. The Firestones are about the same price as the Kooks.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
But just like bry war your gone get different opinions my Michelin’s ride great...but they high as Giraffe p u s s y

Thanks for the visual! LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Trying to find where that Firestone tire is made

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Looks like a better chance of being American made.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I took my 6 year old Michelins off this year and put Toyo's on and could not be happier. This is on a 40' Revolution with 24.5 tires...

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Toyos for the W - I've been running them since 1990. Dually, Trailers, MH's. The ones on my MH have beads to balance.

SL...

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
40 Discovery here went with the Toyo's and been very happy with them.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 987 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Local guys aren't offering Toyo. Couple different shops. Want to get locally.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
what is the price range on the toyo if you don't mind me asking. I am running Michelin now and they are aging out.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:

Different supplier is $387 mounted for the Hankook.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Most anything RV I go here, tires included:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/
Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post