DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best place to by a custom Driveshaft
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to by a custom Driveshaft
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I need a custom driveshaft(a certain length, not stock measurements) made for the corvette I am building. Who does a good job at a fair price.

Thanks
Brian

Posts: 108 | Location: north carolina | Registered: July 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
I use PST in Clearwater FL for all are builds.

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mark Williams, none better.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mark Williams=$$$$$ but they probably are the best.

I used Front Range Driveline in Denver, very pleased. If they’re good enough for Denny and Steve Johnson in their stuff they’re good enough for me!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't doubt MW is one of the best. For my money I went with a CM shaft from Strange. I called Strange, ordered it through Summit for the Pro shop deal and free shipping. I'm satisfied with both the price and quality.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I've used a couple local truck driveline shops with no issue.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I ordered my strange through summit and got it quick and is nice piece.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camaro67:
I need a custom driveshaft(a certain length, not stock measurements) made for the corvette I am building. Who does a good job at a fair price.

Thanks
Brian

we use PST. we do alot of Th400 conversion kits for the F-body camaro guys that we use there shafts on.

Give us a call we can get you setup with one!

-Dalton

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have used PST, Inland, Dynotech, Mark Williams and QA1 as well as my local driveshaft guy. IMO it depends on the application whom I would choose. We ordered a carbon shaft from QA1 last year and have been very pleased with it. The last few before that came from Mark Williams both carbon and bonded aluminum.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
I used Carolina Driveline in Spartanburg SC they will make it any length my is Crome moly

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks
Brian

Steel - any good shop

Aluminum - MW

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 6Volt
posted Hide Post
I had the CM driveshaft for Dragster built by Jerry Bickel. Very reasonable on price and exceptional quality.

Cody Harger
Charger Racing

Posts: 22 | Location: West Monroe, LA | Registered: January 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
PST is building one right now for my nephews SBC Fox. I had won a gift certificate from Be A Winner. They've been great to work with.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks
Brian

If it is length only, any driveshaft builder can do it. I'm sure you can find many in NC.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it is length only, any driveshaft builder can do it. I'm sure you can find many in NC.

Yep, I've used a local place several times as do most around here. Fayette Welding and Driveline. Had mine built from an F150 driveshaft since I run a Ford rear. I supplied the parts except one end they supplied. Shortened, balanced and assembled for $120.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Pay attention to the brand of joints, many make the price seem cheaper by using a cheaper joint and want more if you upgrade. Also measure more than twice!

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Pay attention to the brand of joints, many make the price seem cheaper by using a cheaper joint and want more if you upgrade. Also measure more than twice!

True, use Spicer's without grease zerks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Driveshaft is not the place to save money. Every time I've seen one break it took the transmission case with it. Coughing up the extra money for a MW shaft might be worth it.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Right

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I would call Donnie Gibbs in Mooresville first.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post